North Point Mall

DigitalSky

Yes ct I agree with all of your observations in regards to Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall.

I might be wrong, but it seems like all the future plans for Lenox came from the previous owner, Corporate Property Investors of New York, then Simon bought it and all they have done is add that little 33,000 sq. foot addition to the mall. Of course this also gave Neiman Marcus a chance to enlarge their store to 205,000 sq. feet. But this is all Simon has done. Now Lenox looks like any other Simon mall in Anywhere U.S.A.

Yes, they need to tear that awful looking roof off and do a complete redue of the ceiling applications, the drywall and granite should preside over the entire mall. Plaza Court needs to be demolished, but still stay 3 levels, but constructed where as on level one, also on level two you can continue throughout the entire mall instead of running into a dead end at Bloomingdales. Level one of course would remain the food court and the back is almost entirely the new 21 Forever.

Phipps has not had a renovation since 1992, so you have that "Titanic or Antebellum Plantation" look instead of a modern upscale luxury look. But once again, when Simon bought Phipps Plaza, they have yet to make any changes to it. And I do not think it is Belk's fault that the Belk wing has rows and rows of drywall up. It is a leasing issue and it is Simon's fault for not giving that wing the attention it deserves.

Perimeter Mall was owned by the Rouse Company, and they took good care of the mall. They are the company that added the lifestyle entrance to Perimeter and most likely had the wood flooring that you liked. Then OMG!!!, here comes General Growth Properties, and no wonder they went through a bankruptcy, they do not take care of some of the properties like they should.

What we should do, is find a rich Arabic friend, get a loan, and you and I will buy Lenox, Phipps, Perimeter, and North Point and renovate everything, and show these idiots how things should be done. I can see it now: CT Kenneth & Co. :yahoo:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ct I agree with all of your observations in regards to Lenox Square and Perimeter Mall.

I might be wrong, but it seems like all the future plans for Lenox came from the previous owner, Corporate Property Investors of New York, then Simon bought it and all they have done is add that little 33,000 sq. foot addition to the mall. Of course this also gave Neiman Marcus a chance to enlarge their store to 205,000 sq. feet. But this is all Simon has done. Now Lenox looks like any other Simon mall in Anywhere U.S.A.

Yes, they need to tear that awful looking roof off and do a complete redue of the ceiling applications, the drywall and granite should preside over the entire mall. Plaza Court needs to be demolished, but still stay 3 levels, but constructed where as on level one, also on level two you can continue throughout the entire mall instead of running into a dead end at Bloomingdales. Level one of course would remain the food court and the back is almost entirely the new 21 Forever.

Phipps has not had a renovation since 1992, so you have that "Titanic or Antebellum Plantation" look instead of a modern upscale luxury look. But once again, when Simon bought Phipps Plaza, they have yet to make any changes to it. And I do not think it is Belk's fault that the Belk wing has rows and rows of drywall up. It is a leasing issue and it is Simon's fault for not giving that wing the attention it deserves.

Perimeter Mall was owned by the Rouse Company, and they took good care of the mall. They are the company that added the lifestyle entrance to Perimeter and most likely had the wood flooring that you liked. Then OMG!!!, here comes General Growth Properties, and no wonder they went through a bankruptcy, they do not take care of some of the properties like they should.

What we should do, is find a rich Arabic friend, get a loan, and you and I will buy Lenox, Phipps, Perimeter, and North Point and renovate everything, and show these idiots how things should be done. I can see it now: CT Kenneth & Co. :yahoo:

Simon is a good company, but they seem to care more about money than creating true quality properties. My favorite mall property owner is The Forbes Company (owner of The Mall at Millenia, Palm Beach Gardens, Waterside Shoppes, and Somerset Collection in MI).

All of their malls are extremely nice and new looking, contemporary, and best of all: no cheap kiosks!

They did nothing to SouthPark except a 20,000 square foot expansion and Neiman Marcus, so they actually did pretty good there, but they could still add more.

The roof looks like Walmart, Lowe's, etc. and does not belong in a luxury mall at all! Haha.

I've noticed that the escalators are very busy down there because there are a lot of people who go from the food court to the mall and having to go up 2 levels takes a while so the line gets longer.

Phipps looks really nice, but it needs a renovation also. I would love to see really big, glossy (and shiny), cream-ish colored tiles in either Lenox or Phipps or both malls. It's a very contemporary but classy look.

Perimeter should have the same tile that they have on level one (in the main wing) throughout the mall. Other than that, the mall looks fine on the interior but the exterior is still old-looking. I just can't understand why they would replace nice hardwood with crappy carpet? Ugh. :)

That sounds really awesome! You know, even crappy malls can spend more than their worth and turn it around to being the area's luxury mall, as long as it's in a good area.

I like the cream color you are talking about ct, and since Lenox and Phipps are technically on the same campus, I have looked and a diagonal tunnel connecting both malls would not really be that hard to do. I think Lenox and its little sister Phipps should look identical, like an extension from one into the other. They could even take the Crate&Barrel space on level one and make some changes and create a new grand entrance, and then lure in a luxury specialty department store like Barney's, but I will have to sit at my drafting board and draw up this idea to see if it would work.

And what about the roof at Perimeter, I do not like what is on the Nordstrom wing. For some reason it reminds me of a boat with those large square windows. Yes, once again it needs new ceiling and skylight treatments, new flooring that matches on both levels throughout the mall, and new hand railing. I also do not like those hanging light fixtures with the covers over the light bulbs hanging down from the ceiling. ( I might be to picky ct) and last but not least, place escalators just before each court and tear down those stairs. Now for Phipps, I know to be careful because all the Italian flooring was hand cut and hand laid by the construction workers in 1992. But the dark wood needs to go and be replaced with that cream or white marble, where on the second level you can look down and see the first level. Replace that with that special hard-stick glue around the openings and all the columns themselves, but instead of circular, make the columns all rectangular, get rid of the brass torch lamps and replace them with stainless steel, also the new handrail treatments would have virtical stainless steel rising from the bottom to the top eliminating the brass. Get rid of the hanging fixtures on level one with a more modern/luxury type of lighting application. In the Court Of The South change the circular dome to a square and add new lighting also. That area is very dark in the mall. Also in that court add more water features and get rid of the "Tara Plantation Mansion" staircase and put in escalators. Add escalators as soon as you leave Court Of The South and start heading to Monach Court. And like I said Lenox would have the exact matching applications throughout the mall. You know ct, I just thought of something. Put a light cream or white marble in Lenox and Phipps and take the Itailian marble that is in Phipps and put that on both levels of Perimeter, and if we run out, we will give the company (hopefully the one that origionally installed the flooring at Phipps) the specifications and presto all problems solved except for the Belk wing leasing issues at Phipps, but then we have four malls that would be under new ownership of the retail division of CT Kenneth & Co. hahaha!!!! :thumbsup:

Sounds great! I do agree that it should be more like one mall (like King of Prussia). The entrance to Lenox is nice, but a grand entrance would be perfect! I don't really like the light fixtures and skylights, etc. at Perimeter either. Basically I think Lenox should look very similar to the Mall of America's newly renovated wing:

msft-store.jpg

The flooring is awesome and I absolutely adore the Swarovski crystal chandelier thing in the middle. Haha. I think that the Court of The South is way too dark as well. Isn't there only like one light? Haha the luxury looking chandelier, while nice, is a little dated.

• 3 weeks later...

So has anyone been inside Von Maur yet? What's it like? I've seen photos and browsed what they sell online and it appears to be a nice store, falling somewhere between Nordstrom and Macy's/Dillard's(never mind Dillards trashy rep back out west where I from in CO/NM/AZ) with an in-store pianist! Sounds like a fun shopping experience ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

So has anyone been inside Von Maur yet? What's it like? I've seen photos and browsed what they sell online and it appears to be a nice store, falling somewhere between Nordstrom and Macy's/Dillard's(never mind Dillards trashy rep back out west where I from in CO/NM/AZ) with an in-store pianist! Sounds like a fun shopping experience ^_^

It seems nice, but not really very comparable to Nordstrom. Some merchandise is like Nordstrom, but Nordstrom stores are much, much more attractive. I wish Belk were more like it, but not like their website.

• 3 weeks later...

I see ct36 is playing victim and if the posters who are taking up for him and have followed him they would know that everytime he gets on its the same negative comments. First it started with abercrombie and lacoste beinlacoste. Then he kept pushing the issue with this Gilly Hicks. Then he started talking about how ghetto the shoppers where at lenox compared to Southpark. Then they started talking talking consistently about how outdated the mall is.. At the end of the day the mall is still attracting retailers hell Prada just opened.. Look at Northpark Mall I'm Dallas its not updated either but that doesn't stop the customers and retailers from locating in the mall.. Southpark mall must not be all that great Carolina resident s still pop up to our outdated mall every weekend. Now I can post. The smart remark that he has made about Lenox and its customers.

I see ct36 is playing victim and if the posters who are taking up for him and have followed him they would know that everytime he gets on its the same negative comments. First it started with abercrombie and lacoste beinlacoste. Then he kept pushing the issue with this Gilly Hicks. Then he started talking about how ghetto the shoppers where at lenox compared to Southpark. Then they started talking talking consistently about how outdated the mall is.. At the end of the day the mall is still attracting retailers hell Prada just opened.. Look at Northpark Mall I'm Dallas its not updated either but that doesn't stop the customers and retailers from locating in the mall.. Southpark mall must not be all that great Carolina resident s still pop up to our outdated mall every weekend. Now I can post. The smart remark that he has made about Lenox and its customers.

I haven't said anything like that in months. Everyone is over that now. Kenneth and I are now friends. I would love to be your friend also if you decide to let it go! :)

Uhh... don't you think you're a little late? Like, two months late?

• 1 month later...

Great news for Northpoint!

• New, one level (12 screen) movie theatre for former Parisian space.
  • Michael Kors
  • Lego
  • Relocated Mayor's Jewelers

This is a great step in the right direction. Mall of Georgia has always been ahead, and IMO still is, but less now. It is newer, nicer looking, has Nordstrom, but NP isn't too far behind.

It definitely distinguishes itself from Town Center at Cobb. One day, I think that eventually NorthPoint will evolve into something like Mall of Georgia, and Mall of Georgia will evolve into something more like Perimeter (upscale), but still larger and more of a "mega-mall". Kind of like a mini Mall of America I suppose. Hopefully Lenox will evolve to be something like Houston Galleria (it already is, just with less upscale stores and smaller), just larger and more upscale, I suppose. Phipps I'm not sure about, but I'm hoping that the Saks/Nordstrom wings will become even more upscale and the Belk wing will just be kind of a midscale/more upscale children's stores and moderate price stores that aren't at Lenox, etc. Like maybe move Coldwater Creek, etc. to the Belk wing and put boutiques there or something.

• 3 months later...

H&M Was exclusive just like Topshop was. The first H&M opened up in 2000 in NY it was exclusive for a while . In the course of 12 yyears. They have opened up hundreds of stores. You had to go NY to shop at Topshop now chicago has one vegas and LA or opening one also. Atlanta was just the first Southern city to get H&M. And it probably will be first to get Topshop too. I don't know why they haven't opened up in Charlotte.. Huntsville Alabama and Jacksonville Florida is even getting one.. Columbus ohio is getting its 2nd one and Tampa is getting another one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived