Braves vs. Mets

ironchapman

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NL East?

• Atlanta Braves
    • New York Mets
    • Don't know/Don't care

I was just curious. It seems like the Mets are the challengers du jour to the Braves string of division championships. What are your thoughts on who will win.

Here's an article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that takes a look at biggest factors that each team will probably be looking at in order to take the pennant.

This is partly hometown pride chiming in (though I have seen some sportswriters from other cities and sports news sites and magazines), but I'm going with the Braves. They've faced hardships before in the preseason, but somehow manage to pull it off in the end.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm a Mets fans so obviously I'm biased, but I truly believe this year is finally their time. (Although I have been saying that for 6 years straight, lol)

It only seems logical that the Mets would win this year - they added more talent while the Braves lost talent. However, the Braves have a huge metal advantage over the Mets, so anything could happen. My prediction is that the Mets win the division, but only by a few games.

• 1 month later...

NL East Standings (May 26, 2006)

1. NY Mets 28-18

2. Philadelphia 24-22

3. Atlanta 23-22

4. Washington 19-29

5. Florida 14-31

I can't remember the last time the Mets had a 4 game lead in the NL East this late into May.

EDIT: I hope I didn't jinx the Mets now. I'm very superstitious. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

SOCOM my only question is which player is the Daryl Strawberry or Dwight Gooden of this group :P. Ok I'll play nice, the Mets have always struck me as the one team clutching the "one year wonder" out of the jaws of "decade long dynasty" over and over again, what they did to Tom Seaver was just insane after '69.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

SOCOM my only question is which player is the Daryl Strawberry or Dwight Gooden of this group :P.

Lastings Milledge. :)

NL East Standings (August 2, 2006)

1. NY Mets 64-42

2. Philadelphia 51-55

3. Atlanta 50-56

4. Florida 50-57

5. Washington 48-60

The division race has been over for a while now, but with the Mets sweeping the Braves a couple days ago, that's the final nail in the coffin. :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...

Lastings Milledge. :)

NL East Standings (August 2, 2006)

1. NY Mets 64-42

2. Philadelphia 51-55

3. Atlanta 50-56

4. Florida 50-57

5. Washington 48-60

The division race has been over for a while now, but with the Mets sweeping the Braves a couple days ago, that's the final nail in the coffin. :yahoo:

It took you guys 14 years? Geez, that's a long time. We won 14 divisions in a row, while you won zero, so have fun on your one year run. :whistling:

Archived