Dangerous metro area intersections

Jerseyman4

PennDOT was voted in 2005 to be the worst state in state road maintience in the country! With said, ill start out this post with a bad signalized intersection.

Worst Roads by State

1. Pennsylvania

2. Missouri

3. Louisiana

4. Michigan

5. California

MOST IMPROVED HIGHWAY

1. I-40 Arkansas

2. I-80 Pennsylvania

3. I-30 Arkansas

TOUGHEST TRUCK INSPECTIONS

1. California

2. Ohio

3. Pennsylvania

More than 300 Overdrive readers responded to the Highway Report Card survey in fall 2005. About 27 percent of respondents deliver in all 48 states, and 57 percent report 21 years or more in the industry.

Bristol, Bucks County {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} US 13

DSC00054.jpg

Although the sign provides guidance for Bath Road for all left/right turns must exit here, it gets ugly

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

Ok, there are some things wrong over here.

1. This is the signal for Bath Road but no signs tell you that you cannot turn left at the intersection. I have first witnessed in the past left turns being made and accidents almost occuring.

2. Outdated very old pedestill non-led traffic signals. Sure enough, if this was a local road as it is for many in the lower Bucks County area, this is not so bad. However, for out of town people like me passing through on occasion, this is a very dangerous area.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

driving route 1 north just outside the city trying to make the right handle jug handle towards the Neshaminy mall. About 100ft or so before the jug handle in the exit from the interstae toll plaza. You'll be driving at roughly 60mph trying to merge with people gunning it up to speed while you try to slow down so as not to over shoot the jug handle. Hope this makes sense.

PA roads are pretty bad. When I drive down I-78 through Berks County through Allentown, most of the highway that hasnt been fixed up , each lane surface is slightly slated making it an uncomfortable ride. Also, when I'm in York City driving on 83, there is virtually no room to merge onto the highway from the on-ramps.

driving route 1 north just outside the city trying to make the right handle jug handle towards the Neshaminy mall. About 100ft or so before the jug handle in the exit from the interstae toll plaza. You'll be driving at roughly 60mph trying to merge with people gunning it up to speed while you try to slow down so as not to over shoot the jug handle. Hope this makes sense.

Yea, you get out of the Northeast into Bensalem, theres the jughandle at Lincoln Hwy.

Theres a big problem with motorists out there coming from the ramp onto Route 1 then shoot the left lane cutting me off when im doing 70+ in the left lane passing the slow cars.

What PennDOT needs to do for US 1 between the city limits and Trenton

-remove that stupid concrete 8 foot leveled divider and turn that into a highway shoulder. One time i almost hit a disabled vehicle at night with no flashers and just sitting in the right lanes. This also calls for better lightning on teh highway. Ive even seen someone planting a tree on that stupid divider.

-Remove the signal at Lincoln Hwy, turn that interchange into a trumpet.

-Construct collector distribtor lanes at Street Road, PA Turnpike and the Neshaminy Mall

-Provide full right shoulders at all times for the US 1 mainline freeways. The C/D lanes is optional

-C/D lanes at I-95, Sesamine Place and US 13

-Fix the Bridge Street Interchange Exit (PA 32) by not making the left lane of Route 1 an exit lane. How many people have i seen at the last minute jump 2 lanes only to cut me off? Not their fault necessarly but US 1 once did go through Morrisville before they built teh extention into the Trenton Freeway.

Archived