Infill in Atlanta

Newnan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other project on this map is the park over 85/75 connecting the Capitol District to Capitol Gateway. Do you think that the park over the interstates will get built?

I think they should cover all of the Connector from 14th Street down to Memorial. That would open up a lot of developable space instead of the current pratice of tearing down old buildings while leaving parking lots undisturbed. They should've never divided the central districts in the first place.

I think they should cover all of the Connector from 14th Street down to Memorial. That would open up a lot of developable space instead of the current pratice of tearing down old buildings while leaving parking lots undisturbed. They should've never divided the central districts in the first place.

I couldn't agree more, Hybrid. What a debacle to create a suburban freeway interchange right in the middle of the city. I guess back in the 1940's it was assumed that downtown Atlanta would remain the commercial and employment center of the area.

:huh:

Archived