Next forum meeting

Cotuit

OK, the 2nd looks like it's not going to happen. So give me some ideas on dates and locations for the next forum meeting. The location should be as close to the center of the city as possible (maybe in the summer we'll do a special 'bucket edition).

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the requirements? I know we need a space for 15-30 people, but what about access to food, drink, etc? How what hours would we need the space?

Food and drink would be ideal. It needs to be all ages though for our under 21 members. Should be for a couple hours, if it were a restaurant type place, we could merge into the general crowd if we decided to stay longer. It needs to be somewhere in Downcity or in walking distance to Downcity. Should be a weekday, early evening, probably preferably not Friday, and I think some people said they had problems with Thursday.

Food and drink would be ideal. It needs to be all ages though for our under 21 members. Should be for a couple hours, if it were a restaurant type place, we could merge into the general crowd if we decided to stay longer. It needs to be somewhere in Downcity or in walking distance to Downcity. Should be a weekday, early evening, probably preferably not Friday, and I think some people said they had problems with Thursday.

If you haven't been yet, you all need to check out the new AS220 cafe. A great place for a gathering of interesting people! How about a Wed.?

If you haven't been yet, you all need to check out the new AS220 cafe. A great place for a gathering of interesting people! How about a Wed.?

AS220 sounds good... plenty of interesting people in this forum!

I went to Icon Cafe at Rising Sun this morning. I (finally) got to try Seattle's Best Coffee, which for me didn't live up to the hype, nothing against Icon. It looks like they serve soups and sandwiches for now. About $5 for soup, $9 for a sandwich (side pasta salad included). Beer and wine, no liquor, close at 8.

They have TVs, nice couches, and there's a corner room with 4 tables we could probably take over for the meeting. Well, unless 20 people show up! Like I said I don't know how many people usually come.

I called Trinity Brew House since they seem to have a fair amount of space and I have seen groups meet there before.

They said we could have a reservation in the pub (upstairs dining area) for 20 or so people on a quiet night and that would be no problem. They know that it would be for a meeting where folks would be "camping out" for quite a while and that we would not be ordering food and drink as one group. I assume that in the past everyone ordered food and drink on their own.

If we can come up with a few nights that work for us they can let us know which ones are available. They said that Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday would probably be best for them.

Does this sound like a place that would work?

Cotuit, would you like to know the contact info for the guy I spoke with so you can make get any more info you might want?

I called Trinity Brew House since they seem to have a fair amount of space and I have seen groups meet there before.

They said we could have a reservation in the pub (upstairs dining area) for 20 or so people on a quiet night and that would be no problem. They know that it would be for a meeting where folks would be "camping out" for quite a while and that we would not be ordering food and drink as one group. I assume that in the past everyone ordered food and drink on their own.

If we can come up with a few nights that work for us they can let us know which ones are available. They said that Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday would probably be best for them.

Cotuit, would you like to know the contact info for the guy I spoke with so you can make get any more info you might want?

trinity would be great! their beer rules!!! :alc:

This sounds good. markOne would you mind giving them a call and asking if Tues. the 21st or Wed. the 22nd would be good for them? I'll send you a PM with more details and my contact info.

Archived