My Trip to The Georgia Aquarium

peaceloveunderstanding

The following are pictures of my trip to Atlanta, more specifically, the Georgia Aquarium. There are no exterior shots of the building as the weather was quite inclement, with low temperatures and much rain. Anyways, I took quite a few shots of the inside, and here I have some of the pictures that turned out at a reasonable level of quality.

Enjoy. :thumbsup:

First off, the view from my hotel up in Buckhead, the ATL skyline looked great but I don't really know how to take night shots. The hotel was the Hyatt Grand Regency.

DSC05134.jpg

At around 9:00 I proceeded to take the MARTA down to Five points, the wrong station for accessing the aquarium, there were many homeless in every nook and cranny.

Finally we I arrived at the Aquarium. It was rather impressive inside and the central room looked something like this:

DSC05186.jpg

Okay, no more commentary, just pictures.

DSC05143.jpg

DSC05144.jpg

DSC05145.jpg

DSC05149.jpg

DSC05151.jpg

DSC05152.jpg

DSC05155.jpg

DSC05159.jpg

DSC05161.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

DSC05166.jpg

DSC05172.jpg

DSC05173.jpg

Below is the waiting area for the 3D movie:

DSC05181.jpg

DSC05191.jpg

There were many overhead fish tanks so the fish were often on all sides of you, this one is a rather large catfish swimming above my head:

DSC05193.jpg

Piranhas:

DSC05194.jpg

The featured exhibit, the Beluga Whales:

DSC05199.jpg

DSC05202.jpg

DSC05206.jpg

DSC05205.jpg

I ran out pictures and battery on the camera right after these whales.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived