Your Favorite places in the CITY!

mercurypa

• 1 month later...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Beautiful shot of that Evergrey! I love how that opens up the city to the rivers, this is what I mean when I say that we have the potential to be every bit the Boston, Seattle or San Francisco when it comes to water development. The sheer size of the "Ohio pool" around the point is more water then any other river city, including St. Louis and New Orleans can boast. The recent water related deaths in the last 12 months also puts an emphasis on how wild the waters around Pittsburgh can be. When you have to take the same safety precautions on the Allegheny River as you would in San Francisco Bay or Puget Sound, it seems to me you would get the same sense of wonder and beauty from those water bodies.

On the subject of The Union Project (mentioned earlier in this thread) I had a chance to check it out. I am taking a ceramics class there. It's a pretty cool place. Nice big studio in the basement. Everything is still developing but it is shaping up to be a great asset to the community.

^^Gerbil, that is fascinating on the Union project. Didn't realize you were into ceramics, great to see that the community is not being forgotten in these big corporate developments.

Archived