Where do people go dancing these days?

Andrea

Say it's Thursday night and you just want to go kick up your heels for an hour or so. Where do you go dancing these days? I grew up in the era when there was Backstreet, Rupert's, the Armory, Petrus, Velvet, Zazu's, The Purple Parrot, etc. Plus about 50 other clubs in Buckhead.

Now what do you do? I'm so woefully out of touch. Wah!!

:cry:

:angry:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not alone on this one. I used to go out dancing all the time. I'll see your list and up it to include Weekends & the old MJQ in the basement of the Ponce Hotel. I used to hate dancing there b/c I'm very tall and had a fro at the time that would always dust that nasty drop ceiling. Now I just miss the hell out of it. I love the new one too but it's not the same. The in town crowds have changed allot over the years. I miss the days when most people were afraid to come into the city. I actually love that there is so much new development. So you just have to take the good with the bad.

MJQ is my favorite, too. I also enjoyed the East Side Lounge the one time I was there, even though it's pretty small. I'd like to check out more of the clubs around Midtown at least once, too, but I have to be in the mood for that waiting-in-line-while-looking-fabulous thing.

MJQ is my favorite, too. I also enjoyed the East Side Lounge the one time I was there, even though it's pretty small. I'd like to check out more of the clubs around Midtown at least once, too, but I have to be in the mood for that waiting-in-line-while-looking-fabulous thing.

Good suggestions. I like the Eastside, too, but I've never been to MJQ.

What's up with Karma (or what used to be Karma -- I know it's something else now)? That was fun back in the day, but I only went there on weekends.

The Star Bar can be fun for dancing if the right band is playing, as can Fuzzy's, if you're in the right frame of mind. How about Compound? Is the Buckboard still in business?

Karma is now The Mark, another place I'd like to check out. I went to Compound not too long after they opened. The space and the music were great, but in the past year I've noticed that their emails have gone from "check out our cool space and music" to "perfectly handcrafted manmade breasts on parade." What I don't get is that for such a large venue, they don't bring in the big names that Eleven 50 does.

I think Junior Vasquez was back in Atlanta this past weekend...at Jungle on Cheshire Bridge...if you can take that much Drama (from the DJ that is...).

I think Wetbar has reopened the old Warehouse space...or Blu, for dancing on Saturday nights. Ive heard it is absolutely beautiful.

Does RedChair still have its afterhours parties Sat. night? I LOVED that space when it was Fusion...years ago.

Archived