Gordon Biersch Planning New Downtown Chattanooga Eatery

Hankster

A seafood restaurant is slated for Chattanooga's downtown area. It will be operated by the Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant Group which operates the Big River Grill and Brewing Works. The company will unveil a new name and decor package for the restaurant when it opens in June. It will be located next to the Big River Grill and across the street from the Easy Seafood Company restaurant.

This new restaurant is at least the third to either annouce or open in the past few months in the riverfront district and they join an increasingly crowded number of outlets in the area. The new eateries are a dividend from the 21st Century Waterfront project in which $120 Million was invested to to enhance the waterfront. Many expect to see other kinds of retailers to multiply downtown. Hennen's, a steak and seafood restaurant has also just opened in the New River Pier Landing mixed use Condo/Retail project which is nearly completed just a block away. Also, in the same project, the Blue Plate restaurant will open in March.

Things are a happening in downtown Chattanooga! It's a vibrant fun place, and it's only getting better!!!! :yahoo:

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoy the downtown riverfront area in Chattanooga. My sweetie actually took me to Hennen's for Valentine's Day dinner. It was pretty amazing! Though be careful, you can spend $100 without blinking an eye. Is the new restaurant going to be taking up the parking lot next to big river? Or is it on the other side of it?

I thoroughly enjoy the downtown riverfront area in Chattanooga. My sweetie actually took me to Hennen's for Valentine's Day dinner. It was pretty amazing! Though be careful, you can spend $100 without blinking an eye. Is the new restaurant going to be taking up the parking lot next to big river? Or is it on the other side of it?

I read the article the other day myself. It said that it would be adjacent to it. I'm guessing either on the back side or where the Burger King used to be.

Awesome news, yet another joint to dine at in the downtown area... mmmmm

Seafood done with a true seafood theme is something missing in other locations around the downtown... great theme to fill the nich. I had Taco Mac a couple of weeks ago, which is another theme that none other touches... Every restaurant has something unique to offer in the area.

There really is an amazing array of dining opportunities in downtown Chattanooga, and it only seems to be getting better. I think this will further influence to move to more downtown residents as well. Of course this can't hurt for tourism either.

I definitely want to try out Hennan's. That place looks awesome. I was in the area the other night, and the place was packed. I guess I'll have to prepared to spend a good bit when I do. But, Hey! It's only money!

When I was there I remember when Market Street Brewery opened and that was a big deal for a new restaurant in downtown. I am glad to see the Scenic City is doing so well. I still love to go to the Pickle Barrel rest. though.

The Pickle Barrell is one of my favorites. What a cool place!

Archived