Is it to early for party's to began in New Orleans?

cameronm

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, it's not too early. This Mardi Gras is helping many locals, like myself, cope with this ongoing disaster. As a matter of fact, I've never enjoyed Mardi Gras as much as I have this year. It has been very organized and very safe. There are far more locals this year than in years past. That's made for a more family-oriented celebration, and a real bond between the spectators. In typical New Orleans fashion, people are nice to each other... they talk to each other, sharing stories of the storm... all the while celebrating the city that we love and resolving to bring it back better than ever. It's a real bond among the people I see in the crowds everyday. It's really been great... and the city has done a great job putting it on. Honestly, I've enjoyed the break from the dispair... and I wish it wouldn't end.

Archived