Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cameronm

Is it to early for party's to began in New Orleans?

Nah, it's not too early. This Mardi Gras is helping many locals, like myself, cope with this ongoing disaster. As a matter of fact, I've never enjoyed Mardi Gras as much as I have this year. It has been very organized and very safe. There are far more locals this year than in years past. That's made for a more family-oriented celebration, and a real bond between the spectators. In typical New Orleans fashion, people are nice to each other... they talk to each other, sharing stories of the storm... all the while celebrating the city that we love and resolving to bring it back better than ever. It's a real bond among the people I see in the crowds everyday. It's really been great... and the city has done a great job putting it on. Honestly, I've enjoyed the break from the dispair... and I wish it wouldn't end.

I don't think it's to early either. I think keeping Mardi Gras going this year turned out to be a fantastic idea, and I can say that this has been the best Mardi Gras that I have ever experienced.

^Another thing would be the history of the event. Mardi Gras has been in the New Orleans area for over 300 years, and I just couldn't see the city without it.

I thought we had a beautiful and very successful Mardi Gras. The crowds on St. Charles Ave. were the largest in recent memory, although, I heard it was crowded, but, not packed Downtown and in the French Quarter.