Little Rock Events

skirby

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attendance figures for the Easter Egg Hunt at the Clinton Library were 10,000+ and over 40,000 for the Jewish Food Festival at the River Market.

The Observer, in the Arkansas Times, rcvd some erroneous info. The Jewish Food Festival had between 8-10,000 people over the course of the event. Still a pretty impressive number I think.

The Observer, in the Arkansas Times, rcvd some erroneous info. The Jewish Food Festival had between 8-10,000 people over the course of the event. Still a pretty impressive number I think.

Thanks for the correction. I agree that was still a good turn out.

This weekend the Arkansas Literary Festival will be held in the River Market District. Literary Festival.

Next Tuesday marks the opening of the Farmers' Market for the summer. It will be open on Tuesdays and Saturdays. When the Farmers Market is open on Saturdays it is one of the best times to visit the River Market.

Also, the Arkansas Queen is now operating with day and night tours up and down the river.

Well I went to the festival. The turnout was decent. The rooms weren't packed, but they were mostly filled. I was the youngest person by about 50 years. Just kidding, there were some mid-30s and 20s scattered about.

I forgot my camera.

And i got my first speeding ticket, 18 MPH over. Right when highway 70 turned into Saline county, I was stopped. And I was just with the flow of cars...he just singled me out. :angry: Ah well, I guess that's how things go...

I did decide to check out some of the attractions. The courthouse expansion is coming along nicely.

A note about river rail:

The roads were so crowded that the rail seemed almost useless. Traffic was at a stand still, and I was getting lapped by pedestrians.

In north little rock, main street was desolate. Sure, cars were parked along the stores, but I didn't really see any foot traffic. The stores were mostly vacant (as in without tenants). There were huge parking lots separating the buildings...I don't see how river rail is useful there.

Well I went to the festival. The turnout was decent. The rooms weren't packed, but they were mostly filled. I was the youngest person by about 50 years. Just kidding, there were some mid-30s and 20s scattered about.

I forgot my camera.

And i got my first speeding ticket, 18 MPH over. Right when highway 70 turned into Saline county, I was stopped. And I was just with the flow of cars...he just singled me out. :angry: Ah well, I guess that's how things go...

I did decide to check out some of the attractions. The courthouse expansion is coming along nicely.

A note about river rail:

The roads were so crowded that the rail seemed almost useless. Traffic was at a stand still, and I was getting lapped by pedestrians.

In north little rock, main street was desolate. Sure, cars were parked along the stores, but I didn't really see any foot traffic. The stores were mostly vacant (as in without tenants). There were huge parking lots separating the buildings...I don't see how river rail is useful there.

What time where you in NLR? Sat. morning was the 2006 Central Arkansas Heart Walk with 4,000 walkers and runners by the river. Sat. night Disney On Ice was at Alltel for its' 4th night of 5. Also, at the North Shore Riverwalk was the BLUES ON THE RIVER 2006 festival. During the day Main St. NLR does look dead but at night activity does pick up. I think within the next 3 to 5 years this area of NLR will be a very different place.

What time where you in NLR? Sat. morning was the 2006 Central Arkansas Heart Walk with 4,000 walkers and runners by the river. Sat. night Disney On Ice was at Alltel for its' 4th night of 5. Also, at the North Shore Riverwalk was the BLUES ON THE RIVER 2006 festival. During the day Main St. NLR does look dead but at night activity does pick up. I think within the next 3 to 5 years this area of NLR will be a very different place.

NLR Main is at a similar place to where the River Market was a decade ago adn Dickson was a couple of years before that. It's going to struggle until there are enough quality businesses there to pull people into the district and these can lift up the rest of the area and allow some mediocre businesses to slide by. When the attractions are there the traffic will follow.

I guess my post was a little misleading, because I did see people going to the NLR riverfront, but I wasn't sure what that was. Still, main street was pretty empty.

• 1 month later...

Attendance for Alltel Arena set a record of 186,042 in March. The arena also collected a record amount of tax money during the month, $577,486. The LR Convention and Vistors Bureau collected a new record of over $806,000 in tax money. A record was also set for collections by the NLR Advertising and Promotions tax. The arena ended the month with an all-time surplus high of $497,000. March turned out to be a very good month for the tax man in the LR/NLR area.

Attendance for Alltel Arena set a record of 186,042 in March. The arena also collected a record amount of tax money during the month, $577,486. The LR Convention and Vistors Bureau collected a new record of over $806,000 in tax money. A record was also set for collections by the NLR Advertising and Promotions tax. The arena ended the month with an all-time surplus high of $497,000. March turned out to be a very good month for the tax man in the LR/NLR area.

Fantastic.

The arena continues to do well with regard to attendance.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

March 17th, 2007.

The 8th-Annual Little Rock St. Patrick's Day Parade The Parade begins at 1 p.m. in Little Rock, where parade entries will meet and form on Third Street in front of the Clinton Presidential Library. The Parade route will travel west on President Clinton Blvd. through River Market, turn north and cross the Arkansas River on the Main Street Bridge and travel through the Argenta Historic District on Main Street, ending at 6th and Main in North Little Rock. This will be the first time it will be in NLR.

March 17th, 2007.

The 8th-Annual Little Rock St. Patrick's Day Parade The Parade begins at 1 p.m. in Little Rock, where parade entries will meet and form on Third Street in front of the Clinton Presidential Library. The Parade route will travel west on President Clinton Blvd. through River Market, turn north and cross the Arkansas River on the Main Street Bridge and travel through the Argenta Historic District on Main Street, ending at 6th and Main in North Little Rock. This will be the first time it will be in NLR.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a very busy day for the downtowns of LR and NLR today. With the Marathon tomorrow and the 16th Annual Arkansas Flower and Garden Show at the Statehouse Convention Center in LR. To tie in with the Marathon the Health & Fitness Expo was held at the Robinson Center Exhibit Hall. On the NLR side was the The Home Builders of Greater Little Rock Show at Alltel Arena.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for posting this Apork. This is a major honor for NLR. Burns Park soccer complex is first class, and recieves praises from out of state visitors every time a tournament is hosted here. (It's amazing since probably 99% of Arkansans don't even realize this complex even exists.) I know on more than one occasion, Burns Park has hosted the Southeast Regional Championships, last summer being the most recent. Obviously the organizers do an excellent job if we beat out every other possible host for '08.

Here is more on the announcement.

http://usyouthsoccer.org/index.php?s=&...hange_well_id=2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived