New Hummer Dealer on 28th St.

Nitro

I need a break from the topics of late..........

Has anyone seen the new Hummer dealer on 28th St. near Bretten & 28th St? I rarely get to that end of town and saw it today.

They are setting steel right now. It has tall curved steel columns similar to the curved steel at the convention center. It looks like it might be an interesting building.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think thats the old dealership that went up in flames last year... It was fun to watch, but I don't know if anyone was hurt.. if there was then it wasn't fun at all.

That's not where it was. The dealership that went up was part of Pfeiffer on Breton and 29th. This is behind the old Big Buck Brewery. It is going to be cool looking and I too doubted the need for a hummer dealership until I really started looking.

That's not where it was. The dealership that went up was part of Pfeiffer on Breton and 29th. This is behind the old Big Buck Brewery. It is going to be cool looking and I too doubted the need for a hummer dealership until I really started looking.

Doesnt Pfiefer also sell hummers? I always see a bunch lined up on the 29th st. lot

The Hummer dealerships are pretty nice, they built one in Lansing a little over a year ago. they have helicopter blades as celing fans and an off-road test track.

NewDealerShip.jpg

Looks similar to the form that is taking shape out there. Interesting building, I wonder who does the architecture?

Off-road test track? How do those things perform off-road with 25" wheel and tire packages?

The off road test tracks are designed to show off Hummer H1s but Ithink they do have some parts that an H2 or H3 can make it over. An H1 truely is the ideal off-road vehicle, it can go through 3 ft of water (or 6 ft with a snorkel for the engine and special seals) it can go over a 20" wall up a 65% grade and go sideways at 45% grade. I thin they have elements to test all of that on their test track.

An H1 truely is the ideal off-road vehicle, it can go through 3 ft of water (or 6 ft with a snorkel for the engine and special seals) it can go over a 20" wall up a 65% grade and go sideways at 45% grade.

How many H1's (other then military) do you think have ever been subjected to anything even close to that? My guess is very few.

A fair amount of H1's that I've seen on the road were driven by realtors.

I think the dealerships are supposed to resemble a military "quonset hut" a barracks-style building.

From the dictionary: "A trademark name used for a prefabricated portable hut having a semicircular roof of corrugated metal that curves down to form walls." (for all you youngsters....) :D

How many H1's (other then military) do you think have ever been subjected to anything even close to that? My guess is very few.

A fair amount of H1's that I've seen on the road were driven by realtors.

Most people who own Hummers probably go out with the sole intention to go off roading. I would love to take a Hummer up a rock face of through a swamp or on an off-road course. Other than that its a pretty inneffecient vehicle, its very slow and wide.

^While in luxury you know... :)

I know a few folks who own H2s or whatever, the big one. They all have plated platinum grills :dontknow:) Plasma and a PS2 in the back for the kids. Do you off road with thoes things? I couldn't, knowing how much someone can drop for one of thoes vehicles, forget it.

Pfeiffer sold the Hummer franchise to Harvey due to incredibly poor sales and pressure from GM to build a dedicated Hummer dealership instead of selling them out of the Infiniti store. It's a huge money loser and was costing the dealership way more than it would ever be worth.

Harvey decided to take it on because he already has GM and owns the lot that Big Buck was on. As soon as he bought it, GM forced him to put up the dealership. I think the H3's are selling much better than the H1's did when Pfeiffer still had it, but they aren't "Hummers" anymore. They are just ugly square GM SUV's...nothing special/unique anymore.

^While in luxury you know... :)

I know a few folks who own H2s or whatever, the big one. They all have plated platinum grills :dontknow:) Plasma and a PS2 in the back for the kids. Do you off road with thoes things? I couldn't, knowing how much someone can drop for one of thoes vehicles, forget it.

H2's are buit on a regular truck Chassis, you could do some mild off-roading in them but nothing serious, they "only" cost a little over $50,000. An H1 Alpha now costs about $115,000 but it can do some serious stuff.

Archived