8th Ave. North Activity

Has anyone read about this development? It is a 2-story (maybe basement) bldg. that this morning was all boarded up and by this afternoon had several workers and demo containers kicking butt. Looks to be a 1920-1930 structure (not sure) anyway it is right behind that gallery of African art on the corner of Broadway and 8th.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Mcquiddy is off Fesslers Lane only their former building remains downtown. Corp. Express boughtout Mcquiddy office furniture business at the site and then closed down back in 2002.

I saw the work going on there and went in one side of my brain and out the other. Ii saw it last week and forgot about it. Looks like another rehab. This is good news. I think that in the next 1 to 2 years there will be very few empty buildings downtown which will spur even more growth.

Archived