Huge Corporate Relocation Pipeline

ATLBrain

From the NBJ... apparently these are very serious prospects. Sounds like a lot of HQ relocations too!

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...27/daily13.html

Kind of related... I remember sometime in the mid-80s when Atlanta's newspapers had a headline that said 3000 jobs had been relocated with corporations that had moved to the area. And as I recall, that was one of the first years we were Number 1 in the country for corporate relocations. This is possibly really BIG for Nashville.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of related... I remember sometime in the mid-80s when Atlanta's newspapers had a headline that said 3000 jobs had been relocated with corporations that had moved to the area. And as I recall, that was one of the first years we were Number 1 in the country for corporate relocations. This is possibly really BIG for Nashville.

Holey Moley!!!! If this does happen, Nashville is in for a boom that could be unprecedented in it's history. Yes, I think you could liken it to the boom Atlanta experienced in the '80's. This is great news (I hope), and it's really scary too. If this does happen, I hope the city fathers and planners are up to the task. Super fast growth is in many instances not handled well, and a lot of troubles can result from haphazardly planned growth.

Atlanta's happened as if it were on steroids... That was during a time when airline hubs were EXTREMELY important. Nowadays that's far less important as long as there is good service and a general avi nearby. Nashville does have that. But back in the 80s, there wasn't any other real competition with Atlanta. So those two things launched the city like none other since.

There's lots of competition in the southeast now... so I'm optimistic that Nashville won't see the same explosion of growth. Strong healthy growth in all sectors (yes, the suburbs are important) is best as long as the 'burbs don't grow at the expense of DT. We'll have to see if that happens in Nash.

Atlanta's happened as if it were on steroids... That was during a time when airline hubs were EXTREMELY important. Nowadays that's far less important as long as there is good service and a general avi nearby. Nashville does have that. But back in the 80s, there wasn't any other real competition with Atlanta. So those two things launched the city like none other since.

There's lots of competition in the southeast now... so I'm optimistic that Nashville won't see the same explosion of growth. Strong healthy growth in all sectors (yes, the suburbs are important) is best as long as the 'burbs don't grow at the expense of DT. We'll have to see if that happens in Nash.

ATL, you should journey over to the "Berry Farms Development" thread and see the battle against suburbia that I am fighting, LOL!!! It's all in good fun though.

8500 jobs is crazy! The amount of growth from that is unheard of.

Awesome! Being an economic development junky I find the possiblities of these numbers coming to Middle Tennessee/Nashville a very nice development. I've said it once, I'll say it again, this goes to show that Tennessee is doing the right things to be very competative and successful in recuiting industrial and economic expansion to the state.

That's exactly what's I'm hoping for....strong, healthy growth....not out of control "growth on steriods" growth. Still this sounds like Nashville is on the verge of growing faster than it's grown in my memory (being in my 50's, that's a pretty long memory).

The Mayor and the Governor will be busy doing relocation announcements it sounds like. If true this is going to be very big for Nashville and the surrounding area. I would say there will be more on the way that many dont know about. Bring it on. Maybe Nashville City Center II is not out of the question.

The Mayor and the Governor will be busy doing relocation announcements it sounds like. If true this is going to be very big for Nashville and the surrounding area. I would say there will be more on the way that many dont know about. Bring it on. Maybe Nashville City Center II is not out of the question.

I do hope some of these corporate relocations will be in downtown. As I've said many times before, downtown Nashville needs some office construction to balance out all this residential construction that's taking place.

Archived