Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewTowner

Icon Rendering Online

NewTowner    0

I just posted this under the previous Icon topic, but I figured it deserved a headline of its own for all of those salivating Nashville fans:

http://www.bristoldevelopment.com/

Funnily enough, the new rendering for the Icon can be found right now at Bristol Development's website. It is the bottom left-hand image, with Batman in the background, and I must say: rather striking. It will be a pleasure to walk beside, and most certainly live in.

The Gulch is kicking booty. Now we just need to get some nice new classical buildings underway, to balance out all of the post-industrial urban chic!

satalac    492
:w00t: looks great! and all that street level.....sorry, this is just going to be great. nashville is going to be so different in 5 years!

Hankster    6

Wow! Thanks for posting! I love the green glass. That project is absolutely huge, too! This is going to be a wonderful addition to Nashville, and I think most people who see this will react positively to this design. :yahoo:

ariesjow    478

It looks great! I think it's just right for the Gulch - a little industrial and a little modern. It's a clean design with lots of glass and, most importantly, it's great at the street leve. I also really like the color scheme.

Lexy    314

Inspiring! Very nice lines and a awesome amount of attention to detail. Fantastic tower that will add sooooooo much to the neighborhood.

linclink    0

Inspiring! Very nice lines and a awesome amount of attention to detail. Fantastic tower that will add sooooooo much to the neighborhood.

:yahoo::w00t::silly::P Yeah Lexy!!! We agree!!!!

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I had loved the first rendering of the ICON... not so much the second one... Also the new signature tower had to grow on me (I LOVED the original rendering)..

But this final rendering of the ICON I loved immediatly!!!!! What a GREAT addition this will be to Nashville!!!!!

Wohoo!!!!!

Hankster    6

Another classy residential building with a spire on top! I've read where all the residential floors in this building have 10 foot ceilings with floor to ceiling glass. That means the height between floors is probably 12 feet. If that is correct, the building height to top of the spire could be as much as 385 Ft! Here I go again! LOL!

Here's the rendering from the Bristol Development site for any lazy people who don't want to go thru the link:

iconpicturelrg.jpg

linclink    0

Too bad the same architects who worked on this won't be working on the sounds project and surrounding buildings. I think this is exactly the kind of look that should go around the ballpark... but knowing Streuver, I don't think it'll look this cool... but one can hope!!!!!

Lexy    314

Too bad the same architects who worked on this won't be working on the sounds project and surrounding buildings. I think this is exactly the kind of look that should go around the ballpark... but knowing Streuver, I don't think it'll look this cool... but one can hope!!!!!

Great point Link. I, too, think they would do wonders for this developement no doubt about it! Only time will tell though.

Hankster    6

Hey Lexy! Now that you see this, are you thinking of reconsidering a move into the ICON? Or are you still thinking of waiting for the big one...the Signature Tower?

Lexy    314

Hey Lexy! Now that you see this, are you thinking of reconsidering a move into the ICON? Or are you still thinking of waiting for the big one...the Signature Tower?

Probably not. Sig Tower has got my full, and undivided attention at the moment. LOL!!!!

linclink    0

Much better than anything I've seen out of Novare (prolific as they are).

Agreed. While Sig Tower has the height factor going for it, I'd say that architecturally I'm digging this more... but I'm still excited about ST.

Skyscrapergeek    479

If that is correct, the building height to top of the spire could be as much as 385 Ft! Here I go again! LOL!

So Hankster, would you then say that you are "inSPIREd" by this design? :rofl::blink: Ok I know that was very bad. I'll start... BOOOOO BOOOOO.

ATLBrain    1

For sheer mass and its location in the gulch, this should have an even greater impact on the skyline than Viridian. So am I correct in my assumption that Terrazzo will go across the street to the right of the ICON in the rendering?

linclink    0

The spire looks like some sort of kinky stapler.

It DOES look like a stapler!! But a very cool looking stapler!!! hehehe