Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fellowmann20

Clark Tower pics

b6.jpg

Here are some pics of the Clark Tower and the 100 North Main building's little brother, White Station Tower. Ive always liked the Clark Tower. I think it looks very majestic, and the the flag really completes the look. It also has great night lighting. The White Station Tower is very unique to Memphis and I like it a lot, but I think its overshadowed by the Clark Tower. Maybe If ithey had built it over buy the fairgrounds where tose two smaller towers off Poplar Ave are it would gain more respect. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

100_1394.jpg

100_1347.jpg

100_1396.jpg

100_1337.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1399.jpg

100_1345.jpg

100_1344.jpg

100_1404.jpg

100_1341.jpg

100_1406.jpg

This one is my favorite.

100_1395.jpg

Hoped you liked them. Fill free to post any comments. :D

Yahoo!! Its been too long since somebody posted a picture of East Memphis. I've always like Clark Tower and the new Hilton and I think they're both really beautiful at night. I think its cool that Memphis has two skylines that can be considered business districts and East Memphis is the place you can find the modern skyscrapers while downtown has its unique historic look. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Nice pics...just a few blocks away from where I live! Suppose I need to get outside sometime soon and take some pics too.

Perhaps you know this already, but White Station and 100 N.M. were built the same year (1965), both with revolving restaurants and UP Bank signs. Also, 100 N.M and Clark Tower were designed by the same architect - Robert Lee Hall. He also did the Patterson English Building at the University of Memphis, on the corner of Patterson and Walker.

Great shots! Someone needs to post pictures of all of the towers out east. I started taking a few, but got extremely busy. Maybe I'll finish soon.

Great pics!!! East Memphis does have some great office buildings, with these two being the most prominent in my mind of course. East Memphis is a great area of town I know very little in depth knowledge about actually.

I concur!

It'd be nice if 100 N. Main was lit up like it's sister (Clark Tower) since they were built in the same year.

It's interesting how bold and forward-thinking Memphis was back in the mid-sixties with architecture. I hope someday we can relive those days. By the way, the AIA is having a speaker talk about Clark Tower and other icons of '60's architecture in Memphis....It'll be held at the Benjamin Hooks Library (Central Library). I forgot when it was... :silly:

Glad you liked the pics! Ill try to get more pics of east Memphis. Since my mom works at the Crescent Center, I should have no problem. I will also post some downtown and midtown pics in the future......I'm not shure when though. :)

Looks like that club on the top of Clark Tower will be taken over by an office. I hope they allow people in to see the view.

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto.../27/story3.html

It's interesting how bold and forward-thinking Memphis was back in the mid-sixties with architecture. I hope someday we can relive those days. By the way, the AIA is having a speaker talk about Clark Tower and other icons of '60's architecture in Memphis....It'll be held at the Benjamin Hooks Library (Central Library). I forgot when it was... :silly:

Hmm seems like it would be an intresting meeting.

Off Topic, here are some pictures of the Memphis Central Library... http://www.bhncorp.com/Portfolio/MSCLibrary.asp

Its a nice looking building. 5 stories and and the studio for TV 18 and the Library's radio station in the basement.

Fellowman20, thanks for the pictures and I'm looking forward to even more pictures of even more of East Memphis.

The 33rd floor of the Clark Tower is a restuarant that recently opened to the public called the American Grille or something like that, and I think it actually took the place of the Summit Club last year. The article mentioned nothing about the 33rd floor so I'm guessing the American Grille will still be available to the public for its awesome views and o.k. food.