Where would you live?

roscoe97

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Southern all Ohio major cities are about equidistant from Chitown (what is with your proximity needs to Cubbiesland? :) ) Cincy is farther south but closer E-W, Cleveland is far far more eastern but it's basically a straight western shot to Chicago. Columbus is the halfpoint of the two.

Ros, thanks for the boost, I too look forward to a vibrant Ohio forum, seems we get some enthusastic members for a month and then they fall off the face of the earth?!? I try to boost the forum up as much as I can but I'm not in touch with some of the other Ohio groups online as much as I am for Pennsylvania. I'll be happy to help in all ways I can but it's up to you Ohio guys to grow the forum and get some of the message out. :)

I would have to choose, and it may come to no surprise, Cleveland. Im not even going to start rambling on the reasons why I would choose cleveland because I will never stop and well I need to get to class eventually so I'll leave it at this, Cleveland has great arts and culture, a great night life, many events year round for all kinds of people, some of the craziest fans out there, a great skyline, and future projects which will make this city even more amazing. I can't wait to go back later this week for spring break and actually get away from dayton for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I currently live in Wooster and I hate it!

I would pick Cincy... it's such a beautiful and elegant city... with a fantastic local food culture (goetta, cincy chili, ribs, graeters ice cream, etc etc etc)... love the hills... the urban fabric of Over-The-Rhine... it's a magical city...

Columbus would be my second choice... it's much more urban than people give it credit for... great walkable and architecturally-interesting neighborhoods like Victorian Village and German Village... the Short North is extremely vibrant... there's a lot of good things going on in Columbus.

Athens is my 3rd choice... beautiful natural scenery... cute town...

Evergrey,

Good point Athens is one great town (all those OU kids!), though not cosmopolitan enough for me (though moreso I think then State College).

I think the city most like Pittsburgh is Cincinnati, in some ways I am jealous of some of the close knit areas and ethnic neighborhoods that seem to retain their flavor through the decades.

• 4 months later...

I'm going with Columbus followed closely by Cleveland.

I agree. Columbus is by far the most progressive and liberal and their economy is doing just fine. Cleveland has alot of character and density, but their economy has seen brighter days... Cleveland by far has better transit than Columbus. Cleveland is is only trailing Columbus by a hair. Im keeping close watch on these cities, I hope to move somewhere around there (Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus...)

• 2 weeks later...

^I'd say the Northeast Ohio area is still more liberal than Columbus. You're right about the economy in Cleveland, although it is expanding and the 3 million metro area's unemployment rate is below the national average.

The sports side of me wants Cleveland, the cosmopolitan side of me says Cincinnati. So to be fair I'll say Columbus only because its somewhat in the middle (and is the home of the Buckeyes!)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would have to choose, and it may come to no surprise, Cleveland. Im not even going to start rambling on the reasons why I would choose cleveland because I will never stop and well I need to get to class eventually so I'll leave it at this, Cleveland has great arts and culture, a great night life, many events year round for all kinds of people, some of the craziest fans out there, a great skyline, and future projects which will make this city even more amazing. I can't wait to go back later this week for spring break and actually get away from dayton for a while.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been to Cleveland, so I'm not as familiar with it as I am Columbus and Cincinnati, which I have visited. I'd go with Columbus. It seems to be more progressive than the other two, with strong population and economic growth. I've been pleasantly surprised by some of the things that are going on there.

• 8 months later...

Archived