Rutherford County: 9,200 New Jobs In Three Years

Relient J

Rutherford County has seen an increase in its workforce of 9,279 jobs in the last three years. This is particularly amazing because the goal for that time span was for the creation of 1,800 new jobs. This is in large part due to a project called the Destination Rutherford Initiative that was a collaboration between the county governments and those of the four towns and cities in the county. The project was developed by a firm called National Community Development Services. In addition, Rutherford County has seen wages rise where before they had been falling. The Daily News Journal has the full story here:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../602280310/1002.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rutherford is the powerhouse in the state in luring jobs, and last it led the nation for 3 quarters in percentage of jobs gained for a single county ( Link: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...therford+County ). The rising wage base is a great development as well, adding jobs and seeing wages rise is a great combination for an area to see continued growth.

There is no doubt that Rutherford County is on a roll! The results of their job initiative are mind-boggling. I do hope that some of the folks that currently drive long distances from Rutherford into Davidson will take advantage of all these job opportunities and reduce their commuting distance.

There was a similarly themed article in the online edition (and presumably the print edition as well) of the Daily News Journal yesterday to the one I posted above. Here's the link:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A.../603040304/1002.

One interesting thing in the article is that they refer to the MSA as the Nashville-Davidson-Murfreesboro Metropolitan Statistical Area. All I have to say to that is, "Woo!"

I think the comments made by Ms. Sears indicates that Rutherford County is mindful of the MSA as a whole. I think that will be of interest in light of the conversation we've been having over in the Berry Farms thread.

I really think the hot job and housing market will continue for some time here. I am afraid what will happen is the uncontrolled growth Atlanta had may happen here with every little community in the region on the nations top 20 list for growth as was the case down there for a while. Jobs are great but I hope we can keep the cost of living in line.

Archived