Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cotuit

W Hotel Theatre District

atlrvr    1002

The W Hotel in the Theatre District was approved by BRA yesterday.

Per the BBJ.

A new, 235-room W Hotel, 123 residential condo units and 12,000 square feet of retail, restaurant, and spa uses was also approved. The 26-story, 350,000-square-foot hotel and residential building will replace a vacant lot at the intersection of Stuart and Tremont streets. The developer -- W Boston Hotel Ventures LLC -- plans to break ground on the $200 million project by the spring of 2007. The project, expected to be complete in two years, will generate 250 construction jobs and more than 300 permanent jobs.

Cotuit    0

Yikes, ours is supposed to break ground in Spring too. Maybe we'll have a W Hotel race at either end of the Providence commuter rail line. :thumbsup:

tombarnes    0

Is this near the site of the ill-fated Cocoanut Grove? I'd also like to see something better done with the old Bradford Hotel (aka Wyndham/Tremont House).

Cotuit    0
Is this near the site of the ill-fated Cocoanut Grove? I'd also like to see something better done with the old Bradford Hotel (aka Wyndham/Tremont House).

atlrvr    1002

Here is a slightly update rendering of the street-level facade....it's difficult to tell at first, but the higher facade has changed dramatically from earlier versions from this same view point when it was a Lowes....the facade is now much smoother, and has less angles breaking it up. Either way, I'm just ready for that surface parking lot to go!

WHotelBoston.jpg

atlrvr    1002

Well, this is supposed to go across the street. (where the large target adds recently went up). I'm not sure of the status of this proposal, but I'll take it. It should liven things up :thumbsup:

post-1289-1170952601_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1170952601_thumb.jpg

tocoto    0

The first 2 pix are the W hotel, 26 stories supposed to break ground in spring 2007.

The last pic is a smaller building on the corner across the street from W. It has been dubbed the times square building because it is supposed to have lots of lighted signs, videos, etc. on the outside - like times square

W Hotel...

loewsphoto0xo.jpg

loewsks0.jpg

Times square building...

wilbursquarenightshotb2qt7.jpg

atlrvr    1002

Those pics I believe are of the Lowe's...it underwent a design change before becoming a W. Compare the second pic to the one I posted a few days ago...you can see a difference in the higher-up facade....it's now much less angular.

atlrvr    1002

The site of the W Hotel is now "taped off"....no other sign of progress, but its something.

post-1289-1180133149_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1180133149_thumb.jpg