Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janrey

Photo's around greenville county

Welcome, janrey! :D Thanks for the photo link! Those shots of the old Pelham Falls Fatz bring back sad memories of the fire. Apparently the owners of Fatz decided it wasn't worth rebuilding on that location? A great loss indeed.

Thanks janrey! That's the first time I've seen the old Fatz Cafe. The setting was so PERFECT! Why didn't they rebuild on this location after the fire?

Fatz actually closed that location before the fire. I had talked with someone who owned a restaurnat in Myrtle Beach area who was considering buying that location and turning it into a similar restaurant from the one he had at the beach, however, the fire happend and he backed out or he backed out prior to it I'm not sure. So, it was closed at the time of the fire so who kows what caused it, but yes, I beleive it was suspicious at the time. NOt sure on the outcome.

Anyone remember the restaurant that was located in that building years before Fatz? It was called "The Old Mill Stream" and was what you would call a "fish camp" type place. We used to go there just for the atmosphere of being on the water.

Nice shots! I love downtown's bridges- mainly Church Street. They add an element that you wont find in Charleston or Columbia, not to mention the great views they provide. Hopefully McBee Station will have the same impact as the Elliott Davis building does :thumbsup: .

Here are some photos that I took today.. Enjoy

post-742-1141620470_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620492_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620509_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620528_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620549_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620564_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620578_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620600_thumb.jpg post-742-1141620610_thumb.jpg

Nice shots jarvis! :thumbsup: Where was the one taken with the flowers? Looks like a downtown courtyard.