Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gjoseph

Future Tampa Transit

Future Tampa Transit  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should Tampa use as Transit in the Future?

• BRT (Bus Rapid Transit)
    • Commuter Rail
    • Light Rail
    • Monorail
    • Keep it the way things are
    • Streetcar

gjoseph    0

What do you guys think Tampa should use as a transit option in the future? Because today Hartline has agreed to keep the streetcar that's running from Ybor City to The Tampa Convention Center.

Tampa_Mayor    0

I alrady emailed one of the Mayor's secreatarys saying that transportation in Tampa must be improved and now better way then an light speed rail connecting TIA to Raymond James to Tampa to Ybor City. Go an reply back but forgot what it said.

monsoon    0

It's nice the Tampa has a trolley system running but they really don't make effective mass transit systems. From what I have seen of the city it could use a combination of light rail and commuter rail to get people out of their cars.

Jahi98    0

I think the area will definately see BRT first, on both sides of the bay. I don't know if it will be followed by commuter rail or light rail. I think commuter rail would be the best follow up to BRT, particularly in Hillsborough. The existing rail lines would work very well for commuter rail from points north, east and south (and possibly west) into DT Tampa.

gjoseph    0

I agree I think Tampa should have a fixed guideway for BRT then build light rail.....they could build a light rail system for the 2009 super bowl connecting TIA to Downtown but I guess tht'll never happen because of Storms and Blair!