Governor Mike Huckabee

Mith242

There's been quite a few rumors for a while about him possibly running for president. I was curious if anyone had any opinions on this. That and I was curious if he did manage to become president does anyone think he might help steer a little more money to the state in the way of transportation or other matters?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he'd have a formidable opposition in the primaries from John McCain.....and in the actual race (if he got that far) from Wesley Clark.

I'm sure if there was an Arkansan president there would be many great things in store for Arkansas.

I think he'd have a formidable opposition in the primaries from John McCain.....and in the actual race (if he got that far) from Wesley Clark.

I'm sure if there was an Arkansan president there would be many great things in store for Arkansas.

Yes it could take quite a bit for him to make it to presidency. If he even made it, it could take more than one try as well. You'd hope that Arkansas could really benefit from an Arkansan president, but I don't recall seeing much from Clinton. Not trying to pick on him or anything but I had thought he might help out the state a little more like I've seen other presidents help out their home states. But obviously all of this is hypothetical. I wasn't sure what people might think here in Arkansas if he did run for president in the first place.

I think the Huckabee would at least have *some* morals.

Clinton did help out Arkansas in many, many ways. I recall part of the reason why some federal dollars were spent building the NWA regional airport because Clinton flexed his muscles....which of course a lot of people were angry about.

He vastly improved the reputation of the state among out-of-staters for sure.

As the son of foreigners, I can attest he also piqued interest in the poor, rural, state known as "Arkansas."

And, let's not forget the Clinton library.... which has helped spawn billions in investment in downtown LR.

I think the Huckabee would at least have *some* morals.

Clinton did help out Arkansas in many, many ways. I recall part of the reason why some federal dollars were spent building the NWA regional airport because Clinton flexed his muscles....which of course a lot of people were angry about.

He vastly improved the reputation of the state among out-of-staters for sure.

As the son of foreigners, I can attest he also piqued interest in the poor, rural, state known as "Arkansas."

And, let's not forget the Clinton library.... which has helped spawn billions in investment in downtown LR.

True, he certainly put Arkansas on the map. The Clinton Presidential Library certainly has helped too but that came after his presidency though. I'm sure there were smaller little things he did which is great. But I think have been other presidents who have done a lot for their home states.

At least someone stated they aren't crazy about Huckabee. I figured there had to be someone. I admit I don't really follow party lines but I generally would be more democrat than republican. But I have to say that I think Huckabee has done a pretty good job for Arkansas even though I may not agree with all his policies. Not sure how that would work for the presidency but it makes me wonder.

I think the only thing worse than Bush as president is having huck, a baptist minister, for president. We would all be in trouble.

Okay, okay... so is it ministers or baptists who have no business being President? Do I need to list off great American presidents who were in ministry? Perhaps I should remind you that Clinton was a member of Immanuel BAPTIST Church in LR.

I love how you don't mention any of the issues... just stereotyping. LOVE IT!!!

Jimmy Carter's another President you could add to the Baptist ranks.

I took his post a little different. I took it more as a joke.

Then again, the Baptist coalition has veered off to the right quite a bit. They're not quite the same institution as when Carter or Clinton went.

Did you know that the Arkansas Baptist convention said that Harry Potter was satanic? Yeah, that's pretty crazy, I'd say.

Okay, okay... so is it ministers or baptists who have no business being President? Do I need to list off great American presidents who were in ministry? Perhaps I should remind you that Clinton was a member of Immanuel BAPTIST Church in LR.

I love how you don't mention any of the issues... just stereotyping. LOVE IT!!!

I was being sarcastic...I could care less what religion they are...I just don't think a minister should be president...that seems like a clear case of putting church together with state. Bush isn't a minister, and he tries to mix the two. But, a minister clearly crosses the line. But, yeah, in general...baptists get on my nerves with their crazyness and hypocricy. I don't like religions trying to dictate how I live my life, and baptists are the worst at doing that. However, I'm not saying a baptist shouldn't be president, just not a baptist minister, or any minister for that matter. Oh, and yeah, I think them declaring Harry Potter evil and satanic is crazy. What they don't realize is that religion is the root of all evil.

P.S. You bring up Clinton going to church, but as you can see, it didn't do him any good. I loved him as president, and still think he's the best president ever....but as far as religion goes, he's another example of a hypocrit.

P.S.S. I'd have no problem with religion, if they'd preach to the people who CHOOSE to be a part of that religion and stop trying to preach to the people that DO NOT believe the way they do.

They need to live and let live, and all will be good.

Archived