Toyota Center

56704609.ToyotaCenter.jpg

56704610.UnionBldg.jpg

Union Center

56704611.UnionCenter.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Awesome stuff!!!! Really enjoyed this thread! I am always glad to see Memphis photos, esp. great ones like these that capture alot of the great urban feel and terrific architecture the city has to offer.

I really like that Exchange Building shot.

This thread makes me want to get in the car and go for a visit.

whoa, whered you pull up that photo. looks like a rendering. the building was build in the 70s or 80s wasnt it

It's One Memphis Place, built in 1985. For the first 4 or 5 years after construction, the owners had the most difficult time leasing any space there. It was nicknamed "One Empty Place" for some time. A new management firm took over around 1990 I think, and the building has been mostly full since that time. Considering the proximity to the jail and courts, I believe it is Lawyer Central.

If the Lincoln American Tower is Memphis' miniature Woolworth Building, than this must be our miniature Trump Tower.

Nice pics, thanks.

I believe the Exchange Building is Section 8 housing. There are plenty other oldie-goldies down here that we need someone to drop some cash into.

Is it? I didn't know that. I did a quick check and 1 bedrooms are listed for $700-$800. I know 8 vouchers can be used for market rate if the owner complies with the requirements, one of those being proper maintenance. I've read things online from people living there who say maintenance is awful.

Although I don't think it's nearly as bad as the James Robertson apts. in downtown Nashville--at least from what I've read on this forum--one would hope the government would force the landlords to live up to their side of the bargain.

Nice pics, thanks.

Is it? I didn't know that. I did a quick check and 1 bedrooms are listed for $700-$800. I know 8 vouchers can be used for market rate if the owner complies with the requirements, one of those being proper maintenance. I've read things online from people living there who say maintenance is awful.

Although I don't think it's nearly as bad as the James Robertson apts. in downtown Nashville--at least from what I've read on this forum--one would hope the government would force the landlords to live up to their side of the bargain.

I know a guy who used to live there and he did tell me that it was the most awful apartment building he's ever lived in. He said, "the maintenance fixes things when they get around to it, the fire alarm is pulled at least twice a week in the middle of the night, & management doesn't have a parking agreement with any of the surrounding garages so parking is terrible!" Its such a wonderful building, I wish someone else would take over and take advantage of its full potential.

Considering the proximity to the jail and courts, I believe it is Lawyer Central.

I know that a number of lawers and firms do occupy space in the building.

Interesting note: On about the 10th floor, there's a complete gym. You can glance up and see people on treadmills if you're ever walking or driving by!

Archived