New 8 story condo downtown

sleepy

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn! New condo development, blah-blah-blah. Healthy real-estate market (yawn again), high-end condos, blah-blah-blah.

Seriously, isn't it great that these stories are now becoming routine? Such an improvement over 1978 when everything downtown seemed to be boarded up. Interesting how 10-15 years of slow progress downtown can lead to mega-projects in the 20-30 story range condo tower developments and an increase in the low to mid-rise developments such as these.

Think we'll ever see the day where Memphis real estate news mirrors that of current-day Atlanta where it seems everything is 20-50 stories of new residential, hotel, and office space? Part of me wishes that would happen provided we can maintain good density and maintain Memphis' unique qualities.

^ Very true. Memphis is a very different place, esp. downtown, then when I was a young lad. Memphis has done great since the early 90s in redeveloping its downtown and its image in general.

Not sure if Memphis will ever mirror Atlanta in that regard, or that we would want it too, but I definately hope and think good economic and urban development are in the future for Memphis as long as local leadership and businsses keep being proactive and forward looking in regards of how to make Memphis more attractive for folks to want to visit, work, and live in.

Think we'll ever see the day where Memphis real estate news mirrors that of current-day Atlanta where it seems everything is 20-50 stories of new residential, hotel, and office space? Part of me wishes that would happen provided we can maintain good density and maintain Memphis' unique qualities.

Well, Memphis is only 25% of Atlanta's size, so I would say that keeping that scale in mind, it's already doing a lot downtown.

Archived