Atlanta Skyline Shots

Guest donaltopablo

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought that the best views of Atlanta were along I-20, especially when you head east along it going into Atlanta. The view from near the Six Flags Exit is great.

Veterans Memorial Road in Cobb County has some nice views of the city. My favorite veiw of the city's skyline is from my Grandmother's church, which sits just off Veterans Memorial on a hill overlooking Atlanta. Next time I'm there, I try to get a picture of the skyline.

• 1 month later...

They couldn't have more different uses.  They do look alike, but the Atlanta building is the Sam Nunn Federal Building!!  Courts, FBI offices, INS, etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This kinda looks like Huostons skyline. Well part of it.

A lot of cities that experienced most of their growth in recent decades are far more car oriented and tend to be spread a little thinner. You see a lot more of this west of Chicago and south of the line. I'd love to visit Atlanta and see if it actually comes anywhere near the hype but there are some other southern cities I think I'd like to visit first. Oh, and stop comparing Atlanta to any city beyond it's density. I think the L.A. comment is a little more accurate but L.A. is making strides (clap, clap) to correct it's sprawling ways.

I'm not trying to be funny, but I think 1180 Peachtree looks like one of those new tower fans.

I must say that it's not an ugly building though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's definitely a very iconic building. I drove through Atlanta the other night and I love how it looks! Iconic Breeze :)

I'm not trying to be funny, but I think 1180 Peachtree looks like one of those new tower fans.

I must say that it's not an ugly building though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It really is a beautiful building, check out some of the latest construction photos: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...50&pagenumber=4

Yup, very spread out:

img15233ig.jpg

buckhead to midtown to downtown

Piedmont Park:

atlantaspringclassic17te.jpg

atlantaspringpiedmontgazebo2yb.jpg

piedmont27qz.jpg

View from Buckhead:

tunnelvision20from20peachtree4.jpg

It really is a beautiful building, check out some of the latest construction photos: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...50&pagenumber=4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That 1180 Peachtree / Symphony Center is so surreal looking. It's almost as if the artist renderings came to life right on the page. What a beautiful structure!! :wub:

Archived