Oceans 29

vdogg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the navys against this too? My God, if we can't build a freaking 7-story condo you might as well throw north end revitalization out the window. This is gonna become a hot button issue in the very near future.

I like the look of it as it is very urban but I hope it blends in well with what is around it. Ya know, the military seems to be a constant thorn in the city's side - whether or not it will continue remains to be seen though.

On a side note this style of housing would look great near TC.

I like the look of it as it is very urban but I hope it blends in well with what is around it. Ya know, the military seems to be a constant thorn in the city's side - whether or not it will continue remains to be seen though.

Yeah, I fail to see how 89 condos is a breach of the density standards. Much lower and we'll be in single family home territory. :lol: As far as this fitting in, remember, these are very preliminary conceptual drawings. A lot will change and I have confidence that this will add to the vitality of the North end (if it goes through).

By density, the Navy means more people. The Navy's preferred residential density is 0 anywhere where the noise level is above 25 dB, so no talking please.

I just want to clarify one thing about neighborhoods: the North End is the residential area north of 42nd St (upper reach of the Strip). 29th St is in North Beach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watche most of the city council meeting yesterday but did not hear this project mentioned. I may have missed it or it may have been deferred until a later date (there was a pretty raucous budget hearing going on so they may have run out of time).

The vote on this project was delayed for 2 weeks so they can have a chance to meet again with the navy and ensure there are no issues.

I guess there is an issue for them to put it on hold. I wonder what ever happened to that 19th street development that Bruce Smith ,Pharell and some construction dude was going to develop?

• 2 weeks later...

This project was approved by consent at the May 9th council meeting.

That's great news...this project will help in the revitalization of the Laskin Rd corridor (no more Cherry Motel :cry: ). It will become a really urban looking gateway to the ocean front. Did the Navy's concerns cut down the size of the project?

That's great news...this project will help in the revitalization of the Laskin Rd corridor (no more Cherry Motel :cry: ). It will become a really urban looking gateway to the ocean front. Did the Navy's concerns cut down the size of the project?

The navy's concerns had already cut down the size of the project to what the developer had submitted, council just delayed the vote to ensure the project was in keeping with the navy's development standards.

Archived