Interesting article by a Clevelander

UrbaniDesDev

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The writer is actually from Rockville Center, NY (on Long Island). His family is from Cleveland.

The tell-tale signs were that the piece was more cosmopolitan than what would come from a writer from Celveland (no predictable and tired emphasis at all on the sports rivalry and alot more emphasis on other aspects of the city) and the fact that the writer referred to the city as being "Midwestern" (which only people from the East Coast would refer to it as).

I think this is a wonderful and accurate representation of Downtown Pittsburgh, and mirrors my experiences as a newcomer. Although it is a little unfair to say everything closes early in the city. Perhaps downtown, but many other areas have latge night activities. I wonder if the new mayor has seen this? It is a very positive view of our city.

I think this is a wonderful and accurate representation of Downtown Pittsburgh, and mirrors my experiences as a newcomer. Although it is a little unfair to say everything closes early in the city. Perhaps downtown, but many other areas have latge night activities. I wonder if the new mayor has seen this? It is a very positive view of our city.

Yeah, I am also sick of people saying "Pittsburgh closes early." It is pretty obvious that anyone who says that is only speaking of Downtown, and hasn't ventured into the Strip or South Side at night. It's a very misleading thing to say, and everyone seems to buy into it. To the detriment of the city.

But otherwise I really liked that piece. It was honest and positive. I wish such articles would be more widely read.

Archived