Siloam Springs

KJW

So noone knows for sure if this will be a Chili's or a Ruby Tuesday's or a generic restaurant?

Chili's is owned by Brinker International, which is an entriely different company than Ruby Tuesday. Both are rigorously expanding in the U.S., especially to Smaller markets. I haven't a clue as to which would be coming, but my guess would be Chili's.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chili's is owned by Brinker International, which is an entriely different company than Ruby Tuesday. Both are rigorously expanding in the U.S., especially to Smaller markets. I haven't a clue as to which would be coming, but my guess would be Chili's.

I wonder if any progress that Siloam Springs will have in the near future will actually work against Springdale, being that they both share the busiest east-west highway. So that Springdale may not get any restaurants that Siloam Springs would get. I would think that many commuters would rather stop in Siloam Springs for dinner than deal with traffic in Springdale. Of course Springdale could probably support it's own Chili's or Ruby Tuesday's.

Sorry to change the subject, but I drove north on 59 today from Siloam to Gravette, and I couldnt believe how many subdivisions and commercial projects were being constructed, and about half were'nt even in any of the cities limits. I guess this could be turning into another hot spot for development.

I wonder if any progress that Siloam Springs will have in the near future will actually work against Springdale, being that they both share the busiest east-west highway. So that Springdale may not get any restaurants that Siloam Springs would get. I would think that many commuters would rather stop in Siloam Springs for dinner than deal with traffic in Springdale. Of course Springdale could probably support it's own Chili's or Ruby Tuesday's.

It would seem to work the other way to me. Springdale is the second biggest city in NWA.

It would seem to work the other way to me. Springdale is the second biggest city in NWA.

I'm referring to all the people between Springdale and Siloam Springs choosing between the two cities if there was a Chili's in both. I think most would go to Siloam Springs if just to avoid the traffic congestion. If what edensfall says is true there's going to be a lot of people between SS and Bentonville that will find the drive to SS more convenient.

So in that light Springdale's population would have very little to do with it. That's not to say that Springdale couldn't support their own Chili's, but if SS get's them first I doubt they will open another one is Springdale. There's still plenty of restaurant chains left for Springdale, but getting them would also depend on regional competition in SS.

Sorry to change the subject, but I drove north on 59 today from Siloam to Gravette, and I couldnt believe how many subdivisions and commercial projects were being constructed, and about half were'nt even in any of the cities limits. I guess this could be turning into another hot spot for development.

Edensfall, they're also expanding U.S. 59 north of Gravette as well as south into Siloam, building new bridges around Sulphur Springs. (It's kind of strange that on this particular highway, Arkansas is furiously improving it while nothing much at all is being done on the Missouri side.)

Mason's, my contact (the vp of sales for a Missouri-based gift/home decor company who lives in Siloam and is very involved in civic activities there) wasn't sure, but he seems pretty accurate in his knowledge of that town.

Mith, I just looked up the "wiki" on Pryor, OK...the city's population is just under 9,000, and they've got a Chili's on U.S. 69 on the far south side of town. Given that in the special census Siloam has now about 13,900 people (not counting about 500 in West Siloam Springs, 500 in the unincorporated Dawn Hill area, and 1,800 in immediately adjacent Gentry), I think a Chili's could do well there...perhaps better than expected. I've seen articles in the Demo-zette last year about how Siloam Springs has been actively courting such restaurant chains.

My acquaintance also said that the Wal-Mart supercenter there has become a significant shopping place for the area of eastern Oklahoma immedately adjacent to Siloam (and when you see it there's a pretty big chunk of land closer to Siloam than Stilwell, Tahlequah, Pryor or Grove, OK which are the other towns that would have a supercenter, unless Jay (the Delaware County seat) does) and Lowe's wanted to get in on the action.

Mith, I just looked up the "wiki" on Pryor, OK...the city's population is just under 9,000, and they've got a Chili's on U.S. 69 on the far south side of town. Given that in the special census Siloam has now about 13,900 people (not counting about 500 in West Siloam Springs, 500 in the unincorporated Dawn Hill area, and 1,800 in immediately adjacent Gentry), I think a Chili's could do well there...perhaps better than expected. I've seen articles in the Demo-zette last year about how Siloam Springs has been actively courting such restaurant chains.

I have to say I'm surprised. I didn't realize Chili's was going into such that size towns.

Mason's, my contact (the vp of sales for a Missouri-based gift/home decor company who lives in Siloam and is very involved in civic activities there) wasn't sure, but he seems pretty accurate in his knowledge of that town.

My question had nothing to do with the validity of your friend's claim. My question was concerning how any progress Siloam Springs makes (i.e. Chili's) could negatively affect Springdale's progress, mainly on the west side. I doubt Chili's would build a West Springdale location with a location already in Siloam Springs. The fact that the two cities share the Hwy 412 corridor and are roughly 30 minutes apart means that there could be some competition between the two, and we all know Springdale really doesn't need the competition right now. The massive sprawl developing in the western half of Ben-Wash counties are going to find Siloam Springs more convenient that Springdale even though they're nearly the same distance.

I have to say I'm surprised. I didn't realize Chili's was going into such that size towns.

10 years ago you wouldn't see restaurants going into markets that small. Look at Starbucks for instance. They only had one or two starbucks in the entire state 5 years ago. Now they have almost 20, with probably another 15 or so in development. Restaurants are seeing that small markets are a boom for big business. Since a lot of large markets have been maxed out, expect to see this kind of development in the future as it is the future for restaurants.

Being from Siloam Springs, I can tell you the market is way underdevloped for food. There is only once decent seat down place in Siloam and that is a local place called Callahans. In Siloam they are currently building a Lowes, Walgreens, and a movie theatre is on the way. Although the population of Siloam at the last census said 14,000 roughly 50,000 work/live/go to school in Siloam on a a typical Monday thru Friday. Siloam supports a lot of little towns around, especially towns from NE oklahoma. If you drive through the Wal-Mart parking lot more then half of the cars have Oklahoma tags, with that and the city sitting on HWY 412 I think a chilis or ruby tuesdays would go great in the city.

Being from Siloam Springs, I can tell you the market is way underdevloped for food. There is only once decent seat down place in Siloam and that is a local place called Callahans. In Siloam they are currently building a Lowes, Walgreens, and a movie theatre is on the way. Although the population of Siloam at the last census said 14,000 roughly 50,000 work/live/go to school in Siloam on a a typical Monday thru Friday. Siloam supports a lot of little towns around, especially towns from NE oklahoma. If you drive through the Wal-Mart parking lot more then half of the cars have Oklahoma tags, with that and the city sitting on HWY 412 I think a chilis or ruby tuesdays would go great in the city.

The biggest problem I'd see is the fact that it's so close to the rest of the NWA metro. If it were all off on it's own I could easily see that. Sometimes it's hard for places like Siloam Springs develop things like this because it's pretty easy for people there to simply come over to the core part of the metro.

The biggest problem I'd see is the fact that it's so close to the rest of the NWA metro. If it were all off on it's own I could easily see that. Sometimes it's hard for places like Siloam Springs develop things like this because it's pretty easy for people there to simply come over to the core part of the metro.

Unless those same people are actually trying to avoid the core part of the metro with all it's traffic concerns. You have to look at the clientelle... they aren't college kids looking for a good time on Dickson that are driving up and down Hwy 412.

Something else people don't seem to realize is that when the Western Bypass is complete there will be a lot less traffic going into Springdale on Hwy 412 and that's when Siloam Springs will really start booming. I'd expect to see a lot more restaurants popping up in SS.

Believe me, living in Tontitown, and being a Springdale native, even if Siloam built a Chili's, Springdale could put one on the west side and do just fine, everyone here is sick of driving to Fayetteville and Rogers, Springdale deserves its own restaurant row, and it will get one in the stadium district once its completed, we might even see some areas being constructed and completed around the stadium before its even finished.

Something else people don't seem to realize is that when the Western Bypass is complete there will be a lot less traffic going into Springdale on Hwy 412 and that's when Siloam Springs will really start booming. I'd expect to see a lot more restaurants popping up in SS.

Yeah but that's going take quite a while to ever happen. It appears to me that the 412 bypass and improvements to I-540 will happen first. I'm not trying to be pessimestic here but I just think a western bypass won't come about for probably 20-25 years. I'm not sure any of these restaurants are forward thinking enough to try to anticipate that and build there because of that.

Yeah but that's going take quite a while to ever happen. It appears to me that the 412 bypass and improvements to I-540 will happen first. I'm not trying to be pessimestic here but I just think a western bypass won't come about for probably 20-25 years. I'm not sure any of these restaurants are forward thinking enough to try to anticipate that and build there because of that.

With Siloam Springs being at a "metro" population of 17,000 right now, that's significant enough for some restaurant chains I'm guessing. And the man's right...I read a newspaper article which said 50,000 pass through there daily.

Believe me, living in Tontitown, and being a Springdale native, even if Siloam built a Chili's, Springdale could put one on the west side and do just fine, everyone here is sick of driving to Fayetteville and Rogers, Springdale deserves its own restaurant row, and it will get one in the stadium district once its completed, we might even see some areas being constructed and completed around the stadium before its even finished.

Springdale is building a Chili's on the Western side of town, along with an Applebees.

With Siloam Springs being at a "metro" population of 17,000 right now, that's significant enough for some restaurant chains I'm guessing. And the man's right...I read a newspaper article which said 50,000 pass through there daily.

That's not very big for sit down restaurants, especially since Siloam is so close to NWA. I'd expect some restaurant growth in the area, but nothing like the rest of NWA is experiencing.

Bad news, the developer of the movie theatre has pulled his plans on the project due to high street fees. The street fees in question would total $ 75, 000. Yet, plans for the theater will be looked at again at the Oct. 17 city board meeting.

My understanding is that he didn't pull his plans, yet he just put them onhold. He is looking for some financial help from the city, much like Lowes got.

My understanding is that he didn't pull his plans, yet he just put them onhold. He is looking for some financial help from the city, much like Lowes got.

That's what I ment. The papers made it sound like he completly pulled his plans, which probably confused a lot of people.

Archived