Coolest looking arenas: Atlanta or Houston?

Rwarky

Coolest looking arenas  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Coolest looking arenas are in...

• Atlanta
    • Houston

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Georgia Dome is exceptionally ugly, Houston's new stadium looks pretty sweet. I don't know about the other sports venues.

Okay, I'm confused. When the author of this thread ask..."Coolest looking arenas: Atlanta or Houston"...is he referring to the cities arenas or domes.....they aren't one in the same are they? There is the Georgia Dome and the Philips Arena....and then there is the Houston Arena and Reliant Stadium.

I agree with Krazeeboi. The author should have posted pictures to cut down on confusion.

Well the Georgia Dome would not be all inclusive of Atlanta's sports arenas. Only the Atlanta Falcons and the Georgia Force play in the dome. There is Turner Field where the Braves play and then there is Philips Arena where the Atlanta Thrashers and Atlanta Hawks play.

In Houston you have The Reliant Stadium where the Houston Texans play. The Houston Astros play in Minutemaid Park. The Houston Rockets play in the Toyota Center.

I like Phillips Areana. It spells out Atlanta and on the other side it spells out CNN. (Phillips arean and the CNN headquaters are connected) I like the GA dome. Its beautiful. I think its different and flamboyant. You cant mistake it for anything else. GA tech has 2 nice stadiums. I love how their football stadium is just kind of built so it camoflauges with the atmosphere. You might not even notice it if you walk by it, but its HUGE. GA tech's gym is also nice. Turner field never really impressed me. It looks like a regular, everyday baseball stadium. Thats why I like the other stadiums because they are cool looking and they stand out.

I heard Atlanta was suppose to be getting a soccer complex or some other kind of stadium downown. Is that true?

Houston's Stadiums looks booring.

I agree, the G-dome is pretty ugly. Haven't seen the phillips arena though. Houston's Minute Maid Park looks pretty cool, and the toyota arena looks similar to Charlottes new arena.

I disagree. I think the Georgia Dome is unique, especially at night. I also like Philllips arena. Atlanta's arenas rock!

• 1 month later...

I would actually rank arenas in the south as:

Atlanta

Charlotte

Houston

Football Stadiums:

Houston

Tampa Bay (I love the ship)

Carolina

I hate the circus tent in Atlanta too. Almost gives it an 80's vintage look.

Baseball:

Atlanta

Tampa

Houston

I think he means Bank of America Stadium.

I will say, the football stadium that the South Carolina Gamecocks play at is a site to behold as well. The thing is one stadium built on top of another stadium, on top of another, and another, etc. First built in 1934 with a capacity of around 18,000, it now holds over 80,000.

As far as arenas go, Charlotte's is the nicest. Phillips Arena has a really nice and unique exterior, however when you consider the whole package Charlotte wins hands down. Most of the people on these boards haven't had a chance to experience the inside of the Charlotte arena...all I can say is wow. The public art is incredible, the scoreboard is massive - the largest in any arena in the U.S. - and it even includes a replica of the city on top of it that has a projection screen behind it to create day/night, clear/stormy weather.

Archived