Which city have you been to most this past year?

gs3

Which city have you been too most this past year?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which city have you visited the most number of times this past year?

• Charlotte
    • Atlanta
    • Columbia
    • Asheville

OK, here are four cities that are the first stops away from Greenville....basically North, South, East and West. Count up how many times you were in each city this past year and vote for the one you visited most. If my hunch is correct, Greenvillians as a group don't head South within our own state nearly as much as we head to neighboring states. I haven't been South within our state in a long while....thats sad. I would love to get know places like Charleston intimately. Greenville's positioning in the corner of the state, kind of changes our city connectivity to neighboring states......sort of like Little Rock and Memphis.....Shreveport and Dallas, etc

Please note this isn't some kind of "secede" thing, so please don't make those silly comments. We are South Carolina! I'm just curious what city we feel connected with.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no reason to visit Columbia unless I am either traveling through, or making a point of stopping there. I do plan on going to the Cirque du Soleil performance of 'Delirium' in May. Asheville is a great getaway, but I haven't had the time recently to get up there, unfortunately. Charleston is a very nice vacation city for me, but I typically stay out on Edisto Island while down there. I haven't had to travel to Charlotte much within the past two years, but previously my work took me there quite frequently. Atlanta is the magnet of the Southeastern U.S. region. I have family there and love spending plenty of time doing all sorts of things (vague, I know) while down there. I could very easily live in the Buckhead suburb, if I was to take a job in the city. :thumbsup:

I'm very surprised you didn't list Charleston.

Just listed the 4 "first stop" independent cities that we share a major highway with. Simple day trip cities. No Spartanburg or Anderson as for all purposes we are the same metro.

I see. Charleston is just a really popular getaway spot, so that's why I was surprised.

If I were to vote, it would be Columbia. I work in Charlotte, so it doesn't count. Atlanta definitely comes in at a close 2nd, though. I'll probably end up there next weekend.

Columbia is the SC city that I've identified with the most (outside of my native Orangeburg) since childhood. I've been to everything from church conventions to concerts at the Township, etc. Charlotte is cool, but for one I'm an SC boy, born and bred (talk about Palmetto loyalty, LOL). Secondly, the city just seems a bit too stuffy for me; Columbia is more of a laid back city with a youthful vibe. And then there's the general NC superiority complex. :sick:

My favorite nearby city I travel to for leisure trips is Asheville. A very laid-back art's towns that is walk able. I have never really enjoyed Atlanta or Charlotte because of the endless sprawl and the inability to park your car and "walk the town."

OK. I just just voted. I don't really go to Columbia, just no reason to. But I travel to Atl and Charlotte about the same. Have family and friends in both cities. But if I had to say the one I have been to the most, it would be, hum..... Charlotte. Just not so dramatic. And thats said in a good way. :D

Has anyone counted heads? How many of us are there? Who voted? It'd be cool if the creator of the poll were somehow able to see WHO voted, but NOT WHAT they voted. Another customization for the board? :unsure: Hmmm...

I checked with the admins on this, but apparently very little exists for them to pull logs for each vote. I guess that means we'll have to make every poll open to everyone until something is created to allow exclusive voting. :)

Archived