Lafayette City Profile

breaux

Actually the Mississippi River can't be the biggest inhibitor, because Shreveport's loop (I-220) has a bridge over Cross Lake that is just as long as - if not longer than - any bridge over the Mississippi. I'm really surprised, with Baton Rouge being the state capitol, that they didn't get a loop before we did. And I-49 is a mostly-elevated freeway, even through Shreveport. Now that was an expensive freeway to build, especially since its flyovers are stacked 4 and 5 high.

Anyway, sorry to keep the Baton Rouge discussion going in the Lafayette thread....

I hope Lafayette is smart with Ambassador Caffrey. If they do make it a loop, they need to leave room for service roads. Otherwise, you'll have a "loop" like Bert Kouns which has traffic lights and no ramps or service roads.

Here is the website for the Lafayette Metropolitan Expressway Commission, a toll loop they are planning to build.

http://www.lafayettexpressway.com/

I think the ship has sailed for a loop with Ambassador Caffery, except maybe the part that hasn't been built yet that will link with I-49 around Broussard. That was the plan for the innermost loop. They have three alignments that they are considering.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growth set for north Lafayette

Ground broken on residential portion of O&S Holdings plan

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../603220306/1002

Couret Place is located near the intersection of Interstate 10 and Interstate 49, where California-based O&S Holdings is attempting to develop a $200 million retail shopping and entertainment center.

Fifty acres of Couret Place land is set aside for commercial development as part of the O&S plan, Royston said. It was Couret Place developers who first approached O&S about coming to Lafayette, he said.

Kyle Rodriguez of O&S Holdings said when the company saw plans for Couret Place they decided to build a commercial development on the adjacent property.

O&S is working with 24 landowners to negotiate the purchase of property at I-10 and I-49 for the retail development. The company built the Boardwalk on the Red River in Bossier City, which is anchored by a Bass Pro shop.

Swinging Forward

http://www.acadiananow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../603260383/1046

Work is under way on Chateau Mirage, a gated $60 million private golf community with 315 residential lots across Johnston Street from the Mall of Acadiana.

"Not to sound arrogant, but Lafayette has never had anything like it," said Jeff Davis, Realtor with Keller Williams, the exclusive real estate agency for the development.

Davis said the golf course, designed by Robert Von Hagge, will be a 7,050-yard championship golf course. The development will feature 14 lakes and a 30,000-square-foot clubhouse with a grill, banquet room, club bar, health club and spa area.

Archived