Hooters Back in Central Arkansas

While driving in North Little Rock last night, I happened to notice that they are building a hooters.

Not that I'll be eating there :rofl: but I guess it's cute to have one around.

I'm not sure why they closed many years back in central arkansas. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...but it's almost complete. There's a rumored opening date of April 1st.

I always found it odd that they left central arkansas but still have a location in Fayetteville.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While driving in North Little Rock last night, I happened to notice that they are building a hooters.

I'm not sure why they closed many years back in central arkansas. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...but it's almost complete. There's a rumored opening date of April 1st.

I always found it odd that they left central arkansas but still have a location in Fayetteville.

Yeah we never lost ours and I never knew they pulled out of central Arkansas. I would think it had someting to do with the franchises. The franchise who owned the ones in central Arkansas must have pulled out or went bankrupt and didn't own the one up here. A few years ago the franchise that onwed all the KFCs in NWA went bankrupt and we lost all of them. Of course new ones popped back up after a year or two.

The reason that the Hooters in LR closed was a tragedy - literally. They closed because they served alcohol to minors, who having had more than enough to drink, pulled out of the Hooters lot on busy Rodney Parham and were killed after being side-swiped. Needless to say, they were sued, and their reputation was damaged as you can imagine. This must have happened at least 8-9 years ago, if not more.

It should be noted that I cannot remember how many people were killed in the accident, but there were fatalities.

p.s. This particular Hooters was located in the space now occupied by the McAlisters on Rodney Parham between I-430 and Markham.

Yeah we never lost ours and I never knew they pulled out of central Arkansas. I would think it had someting to do with the franchises. The franchise who owned the ones in central Arkansas must have pulled out or went bankrupt and didn't own the one up here. A few years ago the franchise that onwed all the KFCs in NWA went bankrupt and we lost all of them. Of course new ones popped back up after a year or two.

The Hooters in LR closed after serving beer to an underage drinker. Who then got into an auto accident which resulted in a death. I'm not a big wings fan but I like where Hooters opened their latest location in Memphis. It is on the ground floor of the Peabody Place parking deck.

Finally, I was wondering when LR was going to get one. I noticed on their website one time that Fayetteville was the only location, and I was quite suprised. I love Hooters Wings, next time I'm down there, I might have to try it out, of course it has to open first.

It's at the intersection of 67/167 and East McCain, right across the freeway from McCain Mall on Landers Road. Maybe the one in Little Rock is going to be on Chenal by On the Border. They are building something there that looks similar to a hooters; no sign up yet.

It's at the intersection of 67/167 and East McCain, right across the freeway from McCain Mall on Landers Road. Maybe the one in Little Rock is going to be on Chenal by On the Border. They are building something there that looks similar to a hooters; no sign up yet.

Mimis Cafe is going in by On the Border in LR.

There was a Hooters in LR when I was a kid, as someone said it was on Rodney Parham between Reservoir and I-430 where McAlister's stands now. They served beer to a 16-year old who drove home drunk and he died and killed a family of 4 whom he collided with. The settlement to that family was in the millions and it was always thought, though it wasn't public, that part of the deal was that there was never to be a Hooters in LR again. They left and never rebuilt or even flirted with reentering the market. The fact that even now Hooters is going to NLR instead makes me think this might be the case when there are so many good sites to build in LR (Hwy 10 corridor, River Market, University and Markham, etc).

It seems like this was about 20 yrs ago so maybe Hooters wasn't supposed to stay gone indefinitely. maybe there was a 20 year exodus.

There was a Hooters in LR when I was a kid, as someone said it was on Rodney Parham between Reservoir and I-430 where McAlister's stands now. They served beer to a 16-year old who drove home drunk and he died and killed a family of 4 whom he collided with. The settlement to that family was in the millions and it was always thought, though it wasn't public, that part of the deal was that there was never to be a Hooters in LR again. They left and never rebuilt or even flirted with reentering the market. The fact that even now Hooters is going to NLR instead makes me think this might be the case when there are so many good sites to build in LR (Hwy 10 corridor, River Market, University and Markham, etc).

It seems like this was about 20 yrs ago so maybe Hooters wasn't supposed to stay gone indefinitely. maybe there was a 20 year exodus.

It was here more recently than 20 years...I think from what everybody has said, it has been about 10 years.

They also said that they are planning on building one in Little Rock as well...but I haven't seen anything about that one.

It was here more recently than 20 years...I think from what everybody has said, it has been about 10 years.

They also said that they are planning on building one in Little Rock as well...but I haven't seen anything about that one.

10 years ago I was 20, I wasn't even in high school yet when it closed. I remember because I never got to go and I wanted to, my family thought I was too young. Ten years ago that spot was Spinnaker's Seafood.

Mimis Cafe is going in by On the Border in LR.

mims cafe is really good.

Finally, I was wondering when LR was going to get one. I noticed on their website one time that Fayetteville was the only location, and I was quite suprised. I love Hooters Wings, next time I'm down there, I might have to try it out, of course it has to open first.

u love the wings? what about the breast or thighs?

1 location is enough for a hooters, and there are 3 here. blah.

I'm glad to see Hooters open back up in the Little Rock area. I only recently heard the story of the undergae drinker, so before that I always wondered why Little Rock never had a Hooters.

I think it's a sad reflection on our society when one idiot screws up and an entire restaurant has to take the fall. There is way too much frivolity in our legal system.

Oh, and I have also heard they are supposed to be building two locations... one in L.R. and one in N.L.R.

I'm glad to see Hooters open back up in the Little Rock area. I only recently heard the story of the undergae drinker, so before that I always wondered why Little Rock never had a Hooters.

I think it's a sad reflection on our society when one idiot screws up and an entire restaurant has to take the fall. There is way too much frivolity in our legal system.

Oh, and I have also heard they are supposed to be building two locations... one in L.R. and one in N.L.R.

It was nothing back in those days for underage kids to drink and not get carded. At any give time more than half of the people at the Brown Bottle (now Grumpy's) in West LR were underage. Nobody ever even thought of carding at restaurants. Those were also the days that turning 18 meant a trip to Shreveport to go drink at the bars when Louisiana was still holding out on raising the drinking age.

Archived