East Joyce Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you get a chance you should go over towards Stelle blvd and Joyce. Lots going on over there. I guessing a Taco Bell has started construction next to Arbys. The new Shoguns is doing groundwork. In between these building (excluding the cliff) is going to be a shopping center. The only tenant I have heard of is a Guitar Center. Across the street the Malco will start someday hopefully. Then next to that another possible shopping center w/ a Gordmans.

Continuing down Steele there is a new 3 story office building and a Bassett furninture store. That is all that I can think of now.

If you get a chance you should go over towards Stelle blvd and Joyce. Lots going on over there. I guessing a Taco Bell has started construction next to Arbys. The new Shoguns is doing groundwork. In between these building (excluding the cliff) is going to be a shopping center. The only tenant I have heard of is a Guitar Center. Across the street the Malco will start someday hopefully. Then next to that another possible shopping center w/ a Gordmans.

Continuing down Steele there is a new 3 story office building and a Bassett furninture store. That is all that I can think of now.

Yeah there's quite a bit going over there around the CMN Business Park. I hit the eastern part of it but not the western. I do want to hit that area as well too. But I didn't really have time to try to do that section as well. Maybe next weekend. :D

FINALLY!!!!!!!! A GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!!!! im extremely happy now, and so will my fellow guitarists. It got realy old driving to Tulsa all the time!

FINALLY!!!!!!!! A GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!!!! im extremely happy now, and so will my fellow guitarists. It got realy old driving to Tulsa all the time!

Aren't there already some in the area? I admit I'm not sure what all you have been looking for. What distinguishes a place that sells guitars and a guitar center? What does the guitar center in Tulsa have that say Ben Jacks here in Fayetteville doesn't? Except more guitars.

Aren't there already some in the area? I admit I'm not sure what all you have been looking for. What distinguishes a place that sells guitars and a guitar center? What does the guitar center in Tulsa have that say Ben Jacks here in Fayetteville doesn't? Except more guitars.

Well....... for instance, most local guitar stores dont carry high end guitars because they are alot more expensive, chain guitar stores buy the extremely expensive ones in bulk for an all around lower price so if they cant sell it in one location, they transfer it to another store where demand for that guitar is higher, ben jack's only has three stores, fayetteville, bentonville, and fort smith, and if guitar center doesnt have it in stock, they will order one for you without a down payment, ben jacks makes you put down 50 percent, i have some realy good friends that work at the one in bentonville, and id buy a guitar from them before guitar center, but more times than not, the brand of amp or guitar i want is only available through either musiciansfriend.com or guitar center, not to mention that guitar center is the only guitar store liscensed to sell almost any brand of guitar/amp in the world. Guitar center is a guitarist's dream. Not to mention the loud rooms, take any amp, any guitar, and turn them up as loud as you want, some people might think its silly to have a loud room, but when your looking at an all tube amp head and you want the tubes to have that gig warm tone, your gunna need to push it atleast half way up to see whether or not its the tone you want, and thats how i bought my marshall jcm2000 tsl half stack, if i hadnt have tested it in the loud room, then i wouldve gone with a mesa, and in the end i didnt like the mesa at all, all in all, that store is a godsend, and me being 18, im applying for a job as soon as construction is finished, so please keep me posted and i hope i answered your question mith, when it comes to guitars i get a little overly excited!! :D

• 1 month later...

I did see it is only supposed to be 2 stories. There should have been some available office space coming up in the Bellafont for them to lease.

Maybe they like having their own. That and while it will only be two stories I think it's going to be spread out. I know they also mentioned having some room to grow and add on if they want in the future. They currently work out of two seperate buildings over on Millsap.

I thought it was suppose to be 6 floors.

Hmmm....from what I saw in the paper, they only mentioned it being 2 stories. It made it sound like it was going to be more of a spread out offices for P&G. But seeing how no one seems to have seen any renderings who knows.

Yes, the much discussed, sometime planned, and perpetually never realized Joyce/College flyover. I've been hearing about that one for what, the last 10-15 years? It was needed back in the mid-nineties and it's desperately needed now.

Not that it will ever happen.

No but if the city is able to open up the Fulbright Expressway I think it will help that intersection quite a bit. Right now all that traffic is funneled right to that intersection.

I have heard that Vantage will be extended south and connect with Millsap. That doesn't fix the U-turn problem at Joyce/College but it is another way out of that area. Also look for a stop light to be added on Joyce at the entrance to Bellafont/P&G (they are directly across the street from each other) and possibly another light at the Vantage/Joyce intersection.

I have heard that Vantage will be extended south and connect with Millsap. That doesn't fix the U-turn problem at Joyce/College but it is another way out of that area. Also look for a stop light to be added on Joyce at the entrance to Bellafont/P&G (they are directly across the street from each other) and possibly another light at the Vantage/Joyce intersection.

Yeah, that is too bad there will be more stop lights. It is also too bad that there are many roads in this area which seem to have to curve around property lines (similar to roads on the way to the airport from Fayetteville). Joyce was an interesting road being designed as 4 lanes long before it was heavily used. It seems there is room for it to go straight though or at least for an extension to go straight through to Old Missouri instead of the dangerous curve.

Thanks for the news. I wasn't positive where Vantage was so I looked it up and thought I'd post the image from Google Earth so that others can see where it is exactly. Seems like a good idea.

joyce01bs6.jpg

Yeah, that is too bad there will be more stop lights. It is also too bad that there are many roads in this area which seem to have to curve around property lines (similar to roads on the way to the airport from Fayetteville). Joyce was an interesting road being designed as 4 lanes long before it was heavily used. It seems there is room for it to go straight though or at least for an extension to go straight through to Old Missouri instead of the dangerous curve.

Yeah but I think a light there is necessary. The only other option I could possibly see is a roundabout. I'm still waiting to see if Fayetteville is going to give one of them a try one of these days.

Is it just me, or has Google Earth not updated the Northwest Arkansas section in a very long time? It doesn't even show ground work for the Promenade, which was well over 2 years ago.

No it hasn't updated. I don't know if they'll do it anytime soon either. The only reason why it was done is because our two counties wanted a rather detailed look at the area for planning purposes. Google Earth then asked if they could also use the info. Unless the counties do something like that again I don't know when it will be updated. I noticed how Joyce St looked quite a bit different when this satellite pic was taken.

Is it just me, or has Google Earth not updated the Northwest Arkansas section in a very long time? It doesn't even show ground work for the Promenade, which was well over 2 years ago.

That's because, if you remember from a thread I posted in a while back (I think it was in the Google Earth thread), NWA was recently flown this year. The NWARPC, however, doesn't have them ready yet (I think UA CAST is finishing them up). Google got the last ones from NWARPC.

The new photos should be ready late this year, or early next, and will be posted on Geostor, the official Arkansas depository for GIS data and aerial photos, before Google gets them (www.geostor.arkansas.gov). They will be very, very good quality. It's up to Google to contact the appropriate person for them to get it, however.

That's because, if you remember from a thread I posted in a while back (I think it was in the Google Earth thread), NWA was recently flown this year. The NWARPC, however, doesn't have them ready yet (I think UA CAST is finishing them up). Google got the last ones from NWARPC.

The new photos should be ready late this year, or early next, and will be posted on Geostor, the official Arkansas depository for GIS data and aerial photos, before Google gets them (www.geostor.arkansas.gov). They will be very, very good quality. It's up to Google to contact the appropriate person for them to get it, however.

Interesting. I guess I don't remember that they were updating the pics already. Thanks for the info.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's some pics of and around the new Lindsey Building. While I'm not a big fan of many of Lindsey apartments their new office building isn't bad. I also like the landscaping and the sculptures. They moved the large sculpture that has the children and now have right at the entrance of the building and added a razorback statue as well.

lindseybuilding01bk2.jpg

lindseybuilding02di5.jpg

lindseybuilding03uc8.jpg

lindseybuilding04pb2.jpg

lindseybuilding05yb2.jpg

By the way looks like the P&G offices have gotten a lot of ground work being done. It's on the west side of the Regions Bank and just across the street from the Bellafont development. I still haven't heard what the other Barber Group development is to the east of Regions Bank. No ground work yet but looks like they could be getting the ground ready to be broken soon. I don't think that location has anything to do with the Bellafont.

By the way looks like the P&G offices have gotten a lot of ground work being done. It's on the west side of the Regions Bank and just across the street from the Bellafont development. I still haven't heard what the other Barber Group development is to the east of Regions Bank. No ground work yet but looks like they could be getting the ground ready to be broken soon. I don't think that location has anything to do with the Bellafont.

P&G had started ground work when I was there over a month ago. I'm waiting for that one to start, so that way it will be like a small mid/high-rise race in North Fayetteville with Bellafont, University Club Tower, P&G Tower, etc.

Archived