East Joyce Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

P&G had started ground work when I was there over a month ago. I'm waiting for that one to start, so that way it will be like a small mid/high-rise race in North Fayetteville with Bellafont, University Club Tower, P&G Tower, etc.

I think that the P&G office is just going to be 2 stories. At least that is the impression I got from the newspaper article on it a few weeks ago. It will be 60,000 sq ft, which is about the same size as the Lindsey building.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the P&G office is just going to be 2 stories. At least that is the impression I got from the newspaper article on it a few weeks ago. It will be 60,000 sq ft, which is about the same size as the Lindsey building.

Yeah it was my understanding as well that this would probably be a more spread out 'campus style' facility instead of a taller office building.

• 2 months later...

Quite a bit of activity going on around east Joyce. The Bellafont, the P&G offices, looks like they're starting to clear the land on the other side of the Post Office for something else related to the Bellafont. An office building further east is almost complete now. There's road construction going on right in front of the Post Office. Watch out west bound vehicles, they're adding an extra lane. The sidewalk on the south side of the street is torn up in two different areas. Looks like they will be adding another east bound lane or turn lane. They've even got the Mudd Creek Trail shut down behind the P&G construction site. Looks like they're putting in a lot of pipe so it looks like they may have to rebuild the trail in a number of areas.

joyceconstructionrd0.jpg

The P&G building is definitely only going to be two stories and they are scheduled to move from their Millsap location to the Joyce location in the Fall of 2007. Too bad we couldn't stay at Millsap, the traffic and lack of a turn lane on Joyce is going to cause a lot of headaches.

The P&G building is definitely only going to be two stories and they are scheduled to move from their Millsap location to the Joyce location in the Fall of 2007. Too bad we couldn't stay at Millsap, the traffic and lack of a turn lane on Joyce is going to cause a lot of headaches.

They are in the process of adding a turn lane on Joyce as well as another stoplight I believe. So hopefully it won't be too much longer before traffic improves a little. Also, welcome to Urban Planet Edge30!

I was told there would be a stoplight providing access to Joyce and the P&G building (and developments across the street), but didn't know about a turn lane. Do you know if the turn lane addition is just at the intersection or all along Joyce? Thanks!

The developers that are doing Bellafont (The Barber Group) is putting it in with the city I think. It will probably run from where it currently ends in front of Arvest to about Chambers bank. I wish it was going to go the rest of the way down Joyce because my office is only about 200 feet from where it looks like it is going to end. At least that is the way I understand it.

Yeah I got the impression that the Barber Group to to pay for widening the road to handle the increased traffic their development was going to cause. Looks like they are already adding a lane on the west bound side and the sidewalk is torn up on the east bound side which would give me the impression they will widen it on that side as well. I'm assuming these will be turn only lanes, not really widening Joyce to 6 lanes.

Yeah I got the impression that the Barber Group to to pay for widening the road to handle the increased traffic their development was going to cause. Looks like they are already adding a lane on the west bound side and the sidewalk is torn up on the east bound side which would give me the impression they will widen it on that side as well. I'm assuming these will be turn only lanes, not really widening Joyce to 6 lanes.

Yeah, it should be just 5 lanes unless something has changed since I last saw the plat for the development.

Sorry if this has been posted, but has anyone posted a map (like the ones on here of the downtown) of the area of where the bellafont is going to be compared to the lindsey building, compared to the P&G. I've driven by the area, but I'm still trying to figure out where everything is going to go.

Hmmm....I don't know if there's been a map posted that showed all the developments set up quite like that. Maybe I can make something up along the way using Google Earth that might help.

Okay here's a rather rough map of that area. I didn't botehr to try to make the boundaries exact, just to giuve a general idea of where things are. If anyone sees any mistakes feel free to correct me. :lol:

joycestdevelopmentsff8.jpg

Thanks for the map, it makes a lot more sense now....I didn't realize that bellafont 1 and bellafont 2 were going to be across Joyce form each other. I thought they were going to be in the same plot of land, just being built in different segments...thanks again for the map.

Thanks for the map, it makes a lot more sense now....I didn't realize that bellafont 1 and bellafont 2 were going to be across Joyce form each other. I thought they were going to be in the same plot of land, just being built in different segments...thanks again for the map.

I don't think we're sure what's going on with the second Bellafont area. We've seen that land and the Barber group signs for a while and been wondering what was going to happen there. Now there's a sign mentioning something about Bellafont II. I always thought all of it was going to take place on the northside of Joyce. So I'm not sure if I was mistaken on that or if this is something totally new that we haven't heard about yet.

Okay here's a better map of that area of Joyce from the Barber Group's Bellafont website. Notice that plot across the street from the post office is still blank which must mean it's something totally new and not a part of what we've heard from the Bellafont development so far.

bellafontaerialviewqc1.jpg

Okay here's a better map of that area of Joyce from the Barber Group's Bellafont website. Notice that plot across the street from the post office is still blank which must mean it's something totally new and not a part of what we've heard from the Bellafont development so far.

bellafontaerialviewqc1.jpg

That map off of the Barber site does show the Bellafont drawn in on the plot of land, while Bellafont II is just white. I just hope the 2 12 story towers they have talked about will actually happen...plus what they do with bellafont II, the area could look quite nice.

That map off of the Barber site does show the Bellafont drawn in on the plot of land, while Bellafont II is just white. I just hope the 2 12 story towers they have talked about will actually happen...plus what they do with bellafont II, the area could look quite nice.

I think that area of white in the southeast corner of Bellafont is actually Liberty Bank, so I don't think that it is part of Bellafont exactly. This is the area north of Joyce and west of Vantage or just west of the post office.

I am still not sure what is going on south of there where the big B is located by Chambers bank.

Well I was going to add another map, an altered version of the previous one I posted, since I'm not sure if we're all talking about the same area or not, but I seem to be having problems uploading at the moment. Anyway the plot of land I saw with the Planning Commission sign that had the name Bellafont II. It's the white area with the Barber symbol to the bottom right of the map. There's a bank to the east of it (which is just off the map) and a bank to the west of it. But to be honest I never paid that much attention to what exactly those banks are. As to what will be in the Bellafont II, I have no idea. Guess we'll have to wait till it's closer to going in front of the Planning Commission.

I think that area of white in the southeast corner of Bellafont is actually Liberty Bank, so I don't think that it is part of Bellafont exactly. This is the area north of Joyce and west of Vantage or just west of the post office.

I am still not sure what is going on south of there where the big B is located by Chambers bank.

That's the area I walked by that had the sign for the Planning Commission. I saw you editing your post after I had posted mine. I'm very curious to see what other plans the Barber Group might have for that area.

Archived