Condo Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine their being a demand for 2 16-story condos. But I guess this might not be directly in competition with other condos planned/going up in downtown Fayetteville? I think this has been discussed before, but I suppose the appeal here would be location-- proximty to I-540, shopping, and maybe nearby workplace. I experience traffic through there frequently, as my folks live in that part of town-- traffic already stinks all along Joyce, and especially Joyce/71B intersection where many people are trying to turn left to get onto the freeway, and it typically backs up 500'+ around that curve near Arvest/new Lindsey building during the peak period. Now I see why Fayetteville is interested in hiring a traffic consultant to come up with proposals to help resolve issues in that area, since a major overhaul will be needed with developments like these going in. It is obvious if nothing is done to that intersection that queued traffic would easily back up to Vantage Dr, at least.

Sentimintally, I remember as a kid riding my bike through that area and later learning how to drive along Joyce... at least they have that trail now along Mud Creek nearby, which is cool and gets frequently used. Things never stay the same.

I can't imagine their being a demand for 2 16-story condos. But I guess this might not be directly in competition with other condos planned/going up in downtown Fayetteville? I think this has been discussed before, but I suppose the appeal here would be location-- proximty to I-540, shopping, and maybe nearby workplace. I experience traffic through there frequently, as my folks live in that part of town-- traffic already stinks all along Joyce, and especially Joyce/71B intersection where many people are trying to turn left to get onto the freeway, and it typically backs up 500'+ around that curve near Arvest/new Lindsey building during the peak period. Now I see why Fayetteville is interested in hiring a traffic consultant to come up with proposals to help resolve issues in that area, since a major overhaul will be needed with developments like these going in.

Sentimintally, I remember as a kid riding my bike through that area and later learning how to drive along Joyce... at least they have that trail now along Mud Creek nearby, which is cool and gets frequently used. Things never stay the same.

I like the idea of the condos and would like to see some more pop up in other areas outside the downtown area. But I do admit I do wonder how they'll address the traffic problems. Until they do something about the access to the Fulbright Expressway I just don't see traffic getting any better. Of course it could be years before that's worked out. I think one problem is that people in that area of the city still have to rely on their vehicles to do everything. At least in the downtown area you can get away from having to use your vehicle so much. I get the impression this development might not go over very well with the city. They'll probably want it scaled back quite a bit. Sort of a shame I do think the city should try to build up more in general, but I'm not sure how this would work out there with the way things are currently.

^^

I wonder how well condos will due when the housing market is shrinking. Now if these are lowere cost condos say in the neighborhood of $100-200K then I can see them doing well... but I bet they'll be closer to a $Million.

True, some of these developments might be put on hold if the market slows down. None of these big condo developments are done yet. And really only the Legacy Building seem to be coming along very quickly. It sounds like it will do okay but I guess everyone will have to keep an eye on the Spring Street Lofts and the One East Center/Bank of America development to see if the others will come along anytime soon.

I still have a hard time picturing this area being ripe for high end condos.

Perhaps they will cater to a less wealthy demographic than originally planned.

Who knows how high end they will be? I can't see having 100 condos priced at over 1/2 million dollars each selling very quickly. But pricing them under $250,000 might do well. This area of town is not as unique as downtown, but it is convinient to everything else. The Mall, a Walmart, dozens of restaurants, the interstate, a new stadium seat theater soon, etc. I certainly would like to see a rendering of the buildings though. I think they planning commission is meeting on the today and they will probably have more detailed pictures.

Who knows how high end they will be? I can't see having 100 condos priced at over 1/2 million dollars each selling very quickly. But pricing them under $250,000 might do well. This area of town is not as unique as downtown, but it is convinient to everything else. The Mall, a Walmart, dozens of restaurants, the interstate, a new stadium seat theater soon, etc. I certainly would like to see a rendering of the buildings though. I think they planning commission is meeting on the today and they will probably have more detailed pictures.

We've discussed this before but there are people who would much prefer this area over the downtown area. As far as the housing market goes, I've been hearing people say they think there won't be much of a slowdown that buyers will have more leverage and will continue to buy but more on their terms.

We've discussed this before but there are people who would much prefer this area over the downtown area. As far as the housing market goes, I've been hearing people say they think there won't be much of a slowdown that buyers will have more leverage and will continue to buy but more on their terms.

I agree that it will continue to be a "Sellers market." I can only hope that this will continue. Anyway, I am currently watching the planning commission discussion of Bellafont II. The quick renderings I have been seeing have been of straight up towers of condos/offices between 12-16 stories. No close ups. It looks like small offices first, then office towers, then residential condos last. The best rendering I have seen are at

http://www.barberdevelopment.com/

In the beginning of the website video you can quickly see the development before it moves on to a different project. That is the best I can do for now... :D

I agree that it will continue to be a "Sellers market." I can only hope that this will continue. Anyway, I am currently watching the planning commission discussion of Bellafont II. The quick renderings I have been seeing have been of straight up towers of condos/offices between 12-16 stories. No close ups. It looks like small offices first, then office towers, then residential condos last. The best rendering I have seen are at

In the beginning of the website video you can quickly see the development before it moves on to a different project. That is the best I can do for now... :D

^^

I read an article by a Northwest Arkansas realtor and she said she wished the people advertising NWA would quit calling this the land of plenty. She said many people move here expecting to get a high paying job right away and move into a big fancy house only to realize they'll have to settle for a lot of temp work and an average apartment. I don't remember where I read the article but it does prove to a point that the housing development in NWA is mostly hype. When all the high-pay executives from all the Wal-Mart vendors/suppliers have a place to live they'll be lucky to sell a $200,000 condo and forget about close to a million.

Thanks for the link. Eventually I'm sure the Barber Group will have another website going instead of it redirecting you to the Legacy Building website.

As a side note, I've never seen a more pretentious website.

(And coming from Dallas, that's saying something)

Considering what most developers have done with their websites around here I like it. They have a lot more details and info than any other developer I think I've seen here in NWA.

Considering what most developers have done with their websites around here I like it. They have a lot more details and info than any other developer I think I've seen here in NWA.

You have a good point. I'm surprised at the lack of web-based information pertaining to real estate in NWA.

Barber Group's just reminds me a lot of all the websites for new condos in Dallas--oversold and overly dramatic. I mean how many times do we need to see the "B" traced out in flowing cursive to get the point?

I'm harshing....

• 4 months later...

Time to give this topic some more activity. I finally went over to the Lafayette Street Project. AMA converted the santuary, schoolhouse and rectory of St Joseph's Catholic Church a couple of years ago. I'd had never really gone over to see it, but now I wish I had. It's a very interesting project, I find using former churches very interesting. Just as the Sancutary up in Bentonville converted a church into a restaurant, this church was converted into condos. This development takes up a city block (an smaller older city block). Very nice property, it's bounded by Lafayette, Washington and Willow. Basically right next to the Washington-Willow Historical Disctrict. Here's some pics.

img3925ssfy8.jpg

img3927sspr2.jpg

img3929ssjq2.jpg

img3930ssvz3.jpg

img3932ssyo9.jpg

img3933ssob7.jpg

img3934ssji0.jpg

img3936ssaz2.jpg

img3938ssku8.jpg

img3939ssvv8.jpg

Sorry I don't have any pics of this because of the rain this morning. But I noticed the complex near the mall changed names and I'm assuming owners. Not sure if it was this way before but I did notice they advertised having some condos for sale. When it was first built I think it was called Bristol Gardens. Now it's called The Reserve on Steele Crossing. It's just right behind the NWA Mall by the JC Penny. I'd never noticed condos offered over there before. But maybe I simply hadn't noticed before.

Sorry I don't have any pics of this because of the rain this morning. But I noticed the complex near the mall changed names and I'm assuming owners. Not sure if it was this way before but I did notice they advertised having some condos for sale. When it was first built I think it was called Bristol Gardens. Now it's called The Reserve on Steele Crossing. It's just right behind the NWA Mall by the JC Penny. I'd never noticed condos offered over there before. But maybe I simply hadn't noticed before.

It used to be an apartment complex, but a few months ago they decided to sell them off as condos. I don't remember the prices or sq ft.

It used to be an apartment complex, but a few months ago they decided to sell them off as condos. I don't remember the prices or sq ft.

That's what I had thought. Makes you wonder if all these other condos will end up hurting some of these future condo developments around Dickson. I also remember you mentioning some condos over on the west side of Fayetteville. I had planned on going over sometime to see them and take some pics and completely forgotten about that. Not sure if the weather is going to work out for me tomorrow to take pics. But maybe next weekend I can get out and take some more pics and try to swing by there as well.

That's what I had thought. Makes you wonder if all these other condos will end up hurting some of these future condo developments around Dickson. I also remember you mentioning some condos over on the west side of Fayetteville. I had planned on going over sometime to see them and take some pics and completely forgotten about that. Not sure if the weather is going to work out for me tomorrow to take pics. But maybe next weekend I can get out and take some more pics and try to swing by there as well.

Yeah, that project is done on the corner of Salem and Wedington. It did extremely well! We have more in the works though. The next one is off of 40th and Elm Springs rd in S-dale. It is getting petty close, just another 3 months or so. Then one in Johnson on Main street. It is in the groundwork phase. There are a few more after that but construction has not started yet.

Now these are not condo towers or anything...more like townhouses/rowhouses.

Yeah, that project is done on the corner of Salem and Wedington. It did extremely well! We have more in the works though. The next one is off of 40th and Elm Springs rd in S-dale. It is getting petty close, just another 3 months or so. Then one in Johnson on Main street. It is in the groundwork phase. There are a few more after that but construction has not started yet.

Now these are not condo towers or anything...more like townhouses/rowhouses.

Yeah I know those aren't as exciting for people here on UP. But to be honest I think these seem to be more popular to people buying them than the condo towers on Dickson.

Archived