Condo Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

Yeah, that project is done on the corner of Salem and Wedington. It did extremely well! We have more in the works though. The next one is off of 40th and Elm Springs rd in S-dale. It is getting petty close, just another 3 months or so. Then one in Johnson on Main street. It is in the groundwork phase. There are a few more after that but construction has not started yet.

Now these are not condo towers or anything...more like townhouses/rowhouses.

Okay I finally went over to take pics. I was curious what does the term condo mean exactly. These remind me a little more of townhouses or rowhouses. Granted I'm no expert of housing terms and I'm not trying to take anything away from these units.

img4374ssmj9.jpg

img4376ssry8.jpg

img4375sstp9.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With so many of the smaller condo developments going up I do wonder if this will make it harder for some of the larger expensive condo developments to fill vacancies or for that matter for some of the future developments to even take place.

Thanks for the pics of our completed condos out on Wedington. They are all sold and pretty much out of our hands now. They do favor rowhouses/townhouses much more. About the only reason they do fit under condos is because of the POA as well as how everything is individually owned. Each unit was sold as an individual. The owners then set up a Property owners committee and elect a president and so forth. If anything goes wrong on the exterior, then it it the POA's job to find someone to fix it. This includes roofs, parking areas, and landscaping for example.

As you can see someone bought a chunk of condos then used our for sale sign as a for lease sign.

Our next project is almost complete off of 40th and Elm Springs Rd in Springdale.

Thanks for the pics of our completed condos out on Wedington. They are all sold and pretty much out of our hands now. They do favor rowhouses/townhouses much more. About the only reason they do fit under condos is because of the POA as well as how everything is individually owned. Each unit was sold as an individual. The owners then set up a Property owners committee and elect a president and so forth. If anything goes wrong on the exterior, then it it the POA's job to find someone to fix it. This includes roofs, parking areas, and landscaping for example.

As you can see someone bought a chunk of condos then used our for sale sign as a for lease sign.

I see, thanks for clarifying that to me. :D

It looks like the University Club Tower will be coming through the Planning Commission tonight. I find the location near the mall and Lowes a fine place for taller structures but will the PC? Probably not. Although they did not have a problem with Bellafont's 2 - 16 story residential towers and 2- 12 office towers. So I would give this about a 50/50 shot of getting through on the first try.

They are now proposing a 13 story (I think it was 12) approx. 200 ft tall highrise. Maybe they will have some renderings available soon or possibly on tv tonight during the meeting.

Here is some more info: University Club Tower in North Fayetteville

I still think there's plenty of college professors, Wal-Mart Workers, and retirees out there for a few more condo projects.

I know we've mentioned this before but there are people that prefer this part of the city compared to the downtown. Not everyone likes that. This will appeal to those people. But I thought the Bellafont development might make this disappear now that it's actually has work going on at the site and isn't just speculation.

• 3 weeks later...

A new forumer aerotive mentioned that the North Corner Condos are up for sale from the Barber Group. As in they're trying to sell off the whole thing. Sounds like only one unit has been sold so far. Guess the market for a condo in that area isn't too hot. Granted someone else was building it there and then the Barber Group bought it after the first group was taking years to build it. That also reminds me earlier in the week I saw an ad in the paper for a condo development I hadn't heard of before. I've apparently forgot about it and already gotten rid of that paper so now I don't recall the address but it wasn't in the Dickson/Square area. Seems like it said something about being close to I-540 and not too far from the university. I could be wrong but I seem to recall 15th St mentioned. I think the name was the Arcadian. Anyone heard anything about it?

A new forumer aerotive mentioned that the North Corner Condos are up for sale from the Barber Group. As in they're trying to sell off the whole thing. Sounds like only one unit has been sold so far. Guess the market for a condo in that area isn't too hot. Granted someone else was building it there and then the Barber Group bought it after the first group was taking years to build it. That also reminds me earlier in the week I saw an ad in the paper for a condo development I hadn't heard of before. I've apparently forgot about it and already gotten rid of that paper so now I don't recall the address but it wasn't in the Dickson/Square area. Seems like it said something about being close to I-540 and not too far from the university. I could be wrong but I seem to recall 15th St mentioned. I think the name was the Arcadian. Anyone heard anything about it?

Actually I drove by the Arcadian recently. It is not a big project or anything. It is on 15th between Razorback rd and School ave. The bigger project is located next door to it. The Aspen Ridge Townhomes/Condos. They start on 6th street by the railroad bridge and go south to nearly 15th street. I think there is going to be over 250 units available next year. I think they will be nice but they will be priced too high probably.

Actually I drove by the Arcadian recently. It is not a big project or anything. It is on 15th between Razorback rd and School ave. The bigger project is located next door to it. The Aspen Ridge Townhomes/Condos. They start on 6th street by the railroad bridge and go south to nearly 15th street. I think there is going to be over 250 units available next year. I think they will be nice but they will be priced too high probably.

I've seen the north end of the Aspen Ridge development. I guess for some reason I though there were just going to be houses. I didn't know condos would be involved as well. They had a small rendering of the Arcadian in the ad. Maybe I should have mentioned that. From what I could tell it looked like a small two story apartment looking complex.

I've seen the north end of the Aspen Ridge development. I guess for some reason I though there were just going to be houses. I didn't know condos would be involved as well. They had a small rendering of the Arcadian in the ad. Maybe I should have mentioned that. From what I could tell it looked like a small two story apartment looking complex.

Yep, that is all there is to it. It is nice looking but very small. Aspen Ridge, as far as I know, is only going to be condos. I don't believe I have heard anything about sf housing.

Yep, that is all there is to it. It is nice looking but very small. Aspen Ridge, as far as I know, is only going to be condos. I don't believe I have heard anything about sf housing.

Ah, more condos to give the taller condo developments around Dickson a hard time.

Another condo project will be coming through the Planning Commission this next week. I had not heard of this one until I looked at the PCs agenda. The project will be located on Garland Ave. between North and Cleveland. They are proposing around 22,000 sq ft of commercial on the first 2 levels. Then 37 condos on top of that. I never did see a mention of total number of stories for the project but I may have just missed it. I would guess around 6 or 8 stories. They were comparing the height to nearby 9 story dorms on campus.

Here is a link to the PCs agenda:Garland Condo Project

Another condo project will be coming through the Planning Commission this next week. I had not heard of this one until I looked at the PCs agenda. The project will be located on Garland Ave. between North and Cleveland. They are proposing around 22,000 sq ft of commercial on the first 2 levels. Then 37 condos on top of that. I never did see a mention of total number of stories for the project but I may have just missed it. I would guess around 6 or 8 stories. They were comparing the height to nearby 9 story dorms on campus.

Here is a link to the PCs agenda:Garland Condo Project

Interesting. There slowly seems to be a trend to trying to do some condos around the general North St area. I wonder if this will be going in that undeveloped area along there or if this is going in where some houses are currently standing.

Also, the University Club Tower will also be coming back through the PC on Monday. It was tabled last month because of access concerns. They have redone the access by adding an access road to College avenue. Hopefully this will work and get the 13 story building through the planning process without more problems.

Here is some more info on the project: University Club Condos

Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...

Just thought since I was in the area I'd actually take a couple of pics of these condos over near the NWA Mall. When these were first built I think they may have been apartments called Bristol Gardens. Now it's known as The Reserve at Steele Crossing.

reservesteelecrossing01af5.jpg

reservesteelecrossing02nw9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived