Condo Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The champions Club Condos are coming back through the planning process this week to get final approval on the whole project. There will be 143 condos in the development located directly south of Baum Stadium on 4 acres. This area of town really seems to be coming together and becoming much more urban.

Here is a link to the Condo website: Champion Club Condos

Wow what a nice development. Really reminds me of the old Cookie Factory Condo Development in North Little Rock. To bad I can't upload the picture since it's a flash.Is this going to be right by the Staybridge Suites and the Crown Razorback Apartment complex?

Wow what a nice development. Really reminds me of the old Cookie Factory Condo Development in North Little Rock. To bad I can't upload the picture since it's a flash.Is this going to be right by the Staybridge Suites and the Crown Razorback Apartment complex?

The champions Club Condos are coming back through the planning process this week to get final approval on the whole project. There will be 143 condos in the development located directly south of Baum Stadium on 4 acres. This area of town really seems to be coming together and becoming much more urban.

Here is a link to the Condo website: Champion Club Condos

Too bad they don't build a nice parking deck between the stadium and track center, then we could get rid of the huge parking lots that surround the stadium and across Razorback road. This area would be great for a few bars, restaurants, or more off campus student housing.

I'd like to see a comparison of the land cost of the Champions Club Condos as a percentage of the overall project cost to the land cost as a percentage of the overall project cost for the Dickson Street developments, both built, and cancelled (Divinity). I'm sure its much more favorable, and therefore these have a better chance of being profitable.

As odd as condos on 15th Street would have sounded a few years ago, I really believe Champions Club will fill a niche for older retired alums who wouldn't necessarily care to live 365 a year in a noisy entertainment district like Dickson. I can also envision families purchasing these for children who are students (rather than paying 4 years worth of rent) and then keeping them as investments or for retirement spots.

This development could really lead to some more exciting things in south Fayetteville.

With SouthPass just over the hill, and brownstones on 6th Street, as well as the Mill District, I honestly believe the southside will be one of the hipper parts of the metro to live in within ten years.

With SouthPass just over the hill, and brownstones on 6th Street, as well as the Mill District, I honestly believe the southside will be one of the hipper parts of the metro to live in within ten years.

it already is. honestly, i never leave the southern part of f-ville/downtown unless completely necessary. and i don't have to very often.

It's been years since I've been to the 6th Street area of Fayetteville, bit I recall is being pretty sparse with a lot of old strip malls flanking both sides. I also recall that 71B seemed to get worse as you head south from Downtown. Has it really changed much other than the town center development off of I-540 and 6th Street?

Don't forget the Mill and the new condos coming there, as well as the huge townhome project across to the south.

I'd say that some considerable infill/ redevelopment for 6th. Its definitely a much nicer street than 5 years ago.

The area is still gritty, but the things happening down there point towards a considerable shift happening now and into the near future.

Don't forget the Mill and the new condos coming there, as well as the huge townhome project across to the south.

I'd say that some considerable infill/ redevelopment for 6th. Its definitely a much nicer street than 5 years ago.

The area is still gritty, but the things happening down there point towards a considerable shift happening now and into the near future.

No, not 6th street exactly. There has been more infill along 6th to the east of the highway but most of the larger developments are along Razorback Rd to 15th street. The area around Baum Stadium has really began to fill in with many multistory condos, apartments, a hotel, with more to come. Further west on 6th street between the interstate and Farmington has began to grow. With the newer Lowes and a couple of larger shopping centers and office parks. There is also a very large new subdivision on the Fayetteville/Farmington line.

There are many restaurants planned for 6th street. With a Krystal, Popeyes, Zaxbys, Western Sizzlin, and another Chick Fil A coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that strikes me as odd about all the condo developments in downtown Fayetteville is the lack of amenities normally found in or near condos. Where are the swimming pools, fitness centers, spas and gardens? I think if I was going to consider paying in the neighborhood of half a million dollars for a condo I would like to be within walking distance to those kinds of amenities.

The one thing that strikes me as odd about all the condo developments in downtown Fayetteville is the lack of amenities normally found in or near condos. Where are the swimming pools, fitness centers, spas and gardens? I think if I was going to consider paying in the neighborhood of half a million dollars for a condo I would like to be within walking distance to those kinds of amenities.

That is a very good point. The condos downtown have their own amenities, being near to restaurants, entertainment etc..

Its mainly the ones outside of any destination area that concern me. Those should at least provide their residents with some onsite amenties, like pools, spas, etc...

Of course, most of them aren't big enough to justify those kinds of amentities onsite without blowing the proforma.

That is a very good point. The condos downtown have their own amenities, being near to restaurants, entertainment etc..

Its mainly the ones outside of any destination area that concern me. Those should at least provide their residents with some onsite amenties, like pools, spas, etc...

Of course, most of them aren't big enough to justify those kinds of amentities onsite without blowing the proforma.

One thing that needs to be rectified shortly (and maybe the old Divinity site will be used for this, but I doubt it) is that there is no grocery shopping even for daily needs nearer to Dickson than IGA and that store isn't exactly the prettiest in town. A decent corner grocery store near enough to walk to from the condos on Dickson would help sell those condos, I think.

One thing that needs to be rectified shortly (and maybe the old Divinity site will be used for this, but I doubt it) is that there is no grocery shopping even for daily needs nearer to Dickson than IGA and that store isn't exactly the prettiest in town. A decent corner grocery store near enough to walk to from the condos on Dickson would help sell those condos, I think.

Archived