Condo Developments in Fayetteville

Mith242

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every time i drive by there the parking lot is fairly empty. plus, if you ever look at the real estate listings for fayetteville, i think there are at least 7 or 8 listings for this property. i've been known to be wrong, though. honestly, i think lots of money will be lost in the condo market here. just like all the mcmansions sitting empty in benton co., there will be lots of empty condos in washington co., at least until we have a bigger sector of the economy that attracts young, educated folks with good saleries. look at the three sisters. the condo atop that development has had that "for lease" banner up ever since it was built. can yall say "jumping the gun?"

maybe they are just rentals, but i thought the top one was a condo. i thought i read somewhere on this forum that it was going to be tyson's or hunt's or something but they pulled out of the deal for some reason. not sure. either way, i still think all this condo development is straight folly. i hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see who's going to buy all these things. has anyone figured up how many units there will be on dickson st. alone once they're all built?

I think there are a lot of people who would buy one if the price was right. I've been considering it just to get away from the maintenance on my single family home and the fact I don't need this much space. As the baby boomers get older and find they have empty nests and less need for space plus no time or desire for maintaining a house, condos will become more attractive. I'd like to find one centrally located in Fayetteville that I could flip my house for.

maybe they are just rentals, but i thought the top one was a condo. i thought i read somewhere on this forum that it was going to be tyson's or hunt's or something but they pulled out of the deal for some reason. not sure. either way, i still think all this condo development is straight folly. i hope i'm wrong, but i just don't see who's going to buy all these things. has anyone figured up how many units there will be on dickson st. alone once they're all built?

I think there are a lot of people who would buy one if the price was right. I've been considering it just to get away from the maintenance on my single family home and the fact I don't need this much space. As the baby boomers get older and find they have empty nests and less need for space plus no time or desire for maintaining a house, condos will become more attractive. I'd like to find one centrally located in Fayetteville that I could flip my house for.

I was referring to the North/ Leverett Condos shown above. Is that what we're talking about?

I thought those were ALL for sale at one point, and in the photo it looks like they are now for lease.

I know Tyson bought or I heard he bought the top condo on 3 sisters. Maybe the for lease sign down there was for the office space above the retail units.

I agree with you. I think part of the problem is that most of the condos in the area are on the expensive side. I think there's a market for them if they most of them weren't aimed at the upper class. I admit I'm not sure how expensive the North Corner Condos are. I had read a while back ago how in some college cities parents were buying a condo for their kid while going to school then reselling it after they graduated. Bypassing the whole renting an apartment/house. Considering the location I wonder if this was the idea for this. But perhaps that idea just hasn't taken root here.

The North Corner condos are in the 800-1000 sq. ft. range at around $135 per sq. ft. Seems kind of high for that neighborhood- it is mostly just college student rentals. I've been researching and there are several condo projects in that range around town- some on Piedmont Place also on Leverett, others on S. Wood and some on Karrington Place in Johnson. The apartments behind NWA Mall are going condo and sounds like the Links will have some. I guess if those all sell we'll see more.

I would look closer to dowtown if I were buying a condo. Suburban condos are always the first part of the residential market to go down when there's a dip. The Sequoyah Commons or whatever it is called are nice units and you can walk to town from there. They are at the end of Olive. Check 'em out.

M

• 2 weeks later...

When I went to Baum Stadium this weekend I saw a sign advertising a new condo development on the SW corner of Razorback and 15th St. They are advertised as luxury condos in a 4 story building- look very impressive from the quick look I got at the sign. If I have time I'll take a photo of it and post it tomorrow (if I can figure out how).

When I went to Baum Stadium this weekend I saw a sign advertising a new condo development on the SW corner of Razorback and 15th St. They are advertised as luxury condos in a 4 story building- look very impressive from the quick look I got at the sign. If I have time I'll take a photo of it and post it tomorrow (if I can figure out how).

Thanks for the pic. Yeah I'm not sure about the look of it, but I will say I'm happy it's something that looks bigger than some of the other smaller condos in the area. I saw something going in over there but guess I didn't realize it was this. But I had heard some rumors of some condos going in somewhere over by Baum. I haven't been that way for a while. Looks like I may have to go check it out sometime soon. Looks like this same group also has something going on over at Auburn as well. I know people can type it in for themselves but here's a link for the lazy ones. :D

http://www.championsclubcondo.com/

Wow, thats looks fantastic, especially for south Fayetteville!

That entire area is developing so quickly!

I can see condos working there. Obviously the land was a bit cheaper than some of the infill condos downtown, etc, so maybe the price won't be outrageous.

Considering that there are alums parked in RVs nearly every weekend of the year just a block away, I think there is a market for something like this.

Throw is some well-heeled college kids, and I think its a winning location.

I wish I had bought south of 6th a few years ago.....

Wow, thats looks fantastic, especially for south Fayetteville!

That entire area is developing so quickly!

I can see condos working there. Obviously the land was a bit cheaper than some of the infill condos downtown, etc, so maybe the price won't be outrageous.

Considering that there are alums parked in RVs nearly every weekend of the year just a block away, I think there is a market for something like this.

Throw is some well-heeled college kids, and I think its a winning location.

I wish I had bought south of 6th a few years ago.....

Okay I bet what I saw is the Staybridge Suites then. I didn't know there was a trail completed recently in the area. Any idea what area the trail covers or if it's an east-west or a north-south trail? I'll have to check out this area this weekend.

Okay I bet what I saw is the Staybridge Suites then. I didn't know there was a trail completed recently in the area. Any idea what area the trail covers or if it's an east-west or a north-south trail? I'll have to check out this area this weekend.

Archived