Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

limey

question

limey    0

hi, i am hoping someone out there can help me answer a qestion that is puzzling me...in the uk my husbands job title is steelfixer..does anyone know what it is in the usa???

thanks

limey    0

ironworker?

i tried that it didnt work, we are looking to see if there are any jobs in america as we would like to relocate there but thanks for answering

Cotuit    0

What does a steelfixer do, besides fix steel? :huh:

EIDT: I found this definition of steelfixer. I'm sure it's a job that exists here, but I don't know what it would be called. It may not be a specialty.

limey    0

What does a steelfixer do, besides fix steel? :huh:

EIDT: I found this definition of steelfixer. I'm sure it's a job that exists here, but I don't know what it would be called. It may not be a specialty.

oops sorry very remiss of me....a steelfixer does... not great with technical words but in lay mans terms...when a building is built the steelfixer ties together steel reinforcement bars, then the concrete is poured over them, the steel reinforces the concrete so it wont crack... hope thats a good enough description, so that you might now be able to answer my question, thanks guys

hood    1

I think your best bet would be to call a few general contractors in the area your looking to move to and see what they have to say, it may even be called the same thing here.

dimebag1980    17

By the definition, it seems as though your husband just needs to talk to some of the larger construction cities in some of America's larger cities (New York, Chicago, Houston, etc...) because it sounds like he could work building skyscrapers and freeways.