Photo Tour of Lafayette, Indiana

Rural King

Lafayette, Indiana -

Lafayette0099-vi.jpg

Population: 59,793 (has a twin city West Lafayette 28,778, home of Purdue University).

Metro (Tippecanoe and Clinton Counties): 186,190.

Metro Growth Rate:13.2%

7th Largest City in the state, but with West Lafayette it would jump several places.

Major industrial, commericial, and medical center for Central Northwest Indiana, ie points starting south of Crown Point (Lake Co) and Valporaiso (Porter Co); and points starting north of Terre Haute (Vigo Co) and Indianapolis (Marion Co), plus points west of Kokomo (Howard Co). Best way I can describe the area in its pull, it pulls mainly from rural farming areas that don't want to go to either Indianapolis or "Greater Chicago" .

Major employers in the metro include: Subaru, Caterpillar, Purdue, and of course the state, local, and federal governments.

Lets start with some random images from around downtown.

Lafayette0057-vi.jpg

Lafayette Life Building

Lafayette0083-vi.jpg

Lafayette0082-vi.jpg

Lafayette0074-vi.jpg

Frogs - Downtown Tourist Gimmick

Lafayette0075-vi.jpg

Lafayette0007-vi.jpg

McCord Candies

Lafayette0107-vi.jpg

Lafayette0119-vi.jpg

Construction site for new commerical properties. Thats what the construction guy told me at least.

Lafayette0079-vi.jpg

Hey a nice urban downtown and Jays Potato Chips....what goes better together than that.

Lafayette0081-vi.jpg

Lafayette0056-vi.jpg

Lafayette0052-vi.jpg

Lafayette0049-vi.jpg

Lafayette0058-vi.jpg

Lafayette0062-vi.jpg

Lafayette0038-vi.jpg

Lafayette0039-vi.jpg

Lafayette0047-vi.jpg

Lafayette0033-vi.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

^ I'm betting reclad. It looks like it to me, but I don't know that for a fact. Growing up I never went downtown much when I was in Lafayette, so until 3-4 years ago I never really was around the court square enough to notice.

Not sure how I missed this post for 4 months. :blink:

Archived