Fans of Big East tourny call city warm

uconn99

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-hfdfa...headlines-local

Found this comment rather funny. How did she ever get into college if she doesn't know Hartford? It is a state capital! Don't all students have to learn states and capitals before entering high school?

"Others admitted shyly that they had to get a map to find Hartford in preparation for their trip.

"I really never heard of it and had to look it up to find out where I was going," said Chandra Jones, a Louisville sophomore who plays in the university band. "

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-hfdfa...headlines-local

Found this comment rather funny. How did she ever get into college if she doesn't know Hartford? It is a state capital! Don't all students have to learn states and capitals before entering high school?

"Others admitted shyly that they had to get a map to find Hartford in preparation for their trip.

"I really never heard of it and had to look it up to find out where I was going," said Chandra Jones, a Louisville sophomore who plays in the university band. "

well, being from Louisville, I can tell you that Hartford is totally off the radar here. In reality, Louisville and Hartford are quite similar, but I think Louisville is a bit more well known with the Louisville Slugger, KY Derby, whiskey, etc. That said, I seriously doubt that most people in Conn have heard of Frankfort, KY.

One time, I was in Los Angeles on business. I was talking to a girl in a bar and she asked me where I was from. I said "Connecticut"

She asked "Is that in Orange County??"

I was shocked. "What?? Are you kidding? Its a state in New England. Right next door to New York."

She got defensive and said "Well, I'm not from around here...."

Yeah, it's amazing how bad Americans are at the geography of our own country. In college I met one girl who thought Connecticut was in the midwest somewhere, she was from Cali. Another girl I met from Toronto never even heard of it, but she's a not American, so I guess she's excused.

Archived