Congrats to the Winthrop Eagles

The_sandlapper

Yeah that was a ridiculous article by someone you would think was hurt personally by this move. Truly embarrassing to see on our front page. That guy is a disgrace to the Post and Courier.

The guy was making a choice important to his life, did he ruffle some feathers? Definitely! But it was not so bad to warrant such a harsh outburst of opinions. I was shocked to see this plastered on the front page of the Courier, they will be hearing from me and many others I imagine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, well thats what I meant to say. I like statues in general (and those statues too)... they add lots of character to cities. That set of them would have been more appropriate somewhere else. Where they are now feels like i'm entering a business park or something. Its weird.

Most folks in Rock Hill had a big laugh when they installed them. Keep in mind - this was before the mall was built & the new office park was just being built. Dave Lyle Blvd was still considered a waste of money at that point - so it just seemed desperate for RH to use the columns as a 'gateway' to Rock Hill.

:rofl:

This print battle between Charleston and Rock Hill is great! We can only hope that Charleston keeps it going!

Not a bad attempt at a comeback by Rock Hill, either. They did as good a job as one in their position, despite this comparison being one between apples and oranges.

I'm extremely disappointed in Charleston right now. VERY low blows.

Apparently someone didn't get the news that Charleston is no longer the center of Southern wealth and culture--meaning it doesn't get its way all the time.

Wow that article made me feel dumb. Those words bordered on hatred. I mean how could someone write something so low and underhanded and consider themselves a South Carolinian. Don't get me wrong I know all about sport rivalries and all but come on we are not talking about Coach K going to replace Roy at Carolina. I wanted to smack this guy around and I'm not from SC....I got your back krazee

^Exactly, which is why I said Marshall's move to CofC would be a lateral move as far as the caliber of CofC's basketball program goes. Winthrop is trying to somewhat follow in the steps of Gonzaga right now.

A Winthrop-UNC Charlotte game would be great for this area.

I know Winthrop hosts a HS basketball tournament with SC vs. NC every year. We won last year. :P

Thats cool there is a lot of talent in the rural areas of the Pee Dee that UNC steals every year. Raymond to name one. Of course Darien Durant from Florence holds just about every QB record for the Heels. So it doesn't surprise me at all. I don't think people realize just how much talent there is between the two states. It is almost on the level of GA and FL. I'm talking all sports also.

Archived