Question to the Nashville Forum

smeagolsfree

I spoke to Rural King by PM last week about doing a Nashville project thread. I have a thought about doing a metro Nashville project thread to include Franklin, the Boro, Hendersonville , Etc.

Do you guys think this will give a true representation of the Metro area or should we just stick with the core Nashville projects.

I am inclined to go with a Metro Nashville thread because of what all is happening in all the cities in the Metro area. I think this may need to be a team effort to accomplish. I have spoken to Dave about this and sent a list of just some of the development going on.

Give me some feedback as soon as possible.

Ron

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The confusion between country and city is already unbearable enough in this Great Nation of ours. I would rather our discussion about Nashville stick to Nashville, and have the surrounding towns and/or astroid belts of built garbage be treated as separate entities worthy of separate consideration.

As a Nashvillian, I'm most interested in Nashville proper. That said, I'm also an advocate for regional approaches to development and community. I was running with a friend today in Franklin (the urban core, not the Cool Springs sprawl) and I was impressed with the urban vibe in the downtown area. Same can be said for the square in the Boro. My vote is for a thread that highlights good urban development wherever it may be in the Nashville region.

I say a Nashville thread and a Metro Nashville Tread. That way the people who only care about Nashville can only look at Nashville, and everyone else can look at whatever they want to look at.

That may be the solution. I think that two separate thread may be the answer for this that will be a compromise for both points of view. Like it or not guys, we are in a Metro area and there are a lot of exciting things happening in the Burbs that we cant control and should be proud of and at least show off our little brothers in the area.

The idea of knowing what's going on is good. It seems that the cores of our cities are what needs examining, the 'burbs of the 'burbs all look alike to me. Places like Murfreesboro, Franklin, and Gallatin are making strides in creating urban spaces for themselves and I would like to see entries about them.

My main concern is Nashville proper as well, but watching these surrounding towns redefine their cores is a good step in understanding that this newfound urban interest extends to even the smaller communities and not just the big cities. I'm with cliff and the others, we should examine good urban evironments no matter where, but keep Nashville's interests in a separate header.

^ I agree w/that. 2 threads... 1 Nashville, 1 other areas around the metro... but both urban projects. My only concern is... I assume what you want to do is basically keep a list (of sorts?) of the projects going on? But... it might be hard to control... to keep people from talking about just anything... and could get out of hand and hard to keep up with... unless the topic is locked.

On second thought... maybe I misinterpreted this. Are you wanting to do like other forums have done... Charlotte, Greenville, etc? If so then scratch what I said about keeping it locked lol.

How we do our project thread(s) is up to you guys for the most part, and we can play around with the formatting and tweak it to be what we want it to be overtime if one way doesn't work as well as we would like.

As for types, there are locked and unlocked versions of some development threads where only projects are posted, while others have seroius on topic discussions about the projects within the threads. We can do either.

Charlotte and Greenville both have a whole subforum just to urban development projects and topics, I'm not sure we have the traffic for that YET, if we ever even want to do that, but it is a very interesting set-up and serves those forums very well it seems.

Archived