Three Six Mafia at the Academy Awards

Bears

If you want to change rap, change the conditions. Take away the killing, hustling & poverty and paint the inner-city with smiley faces & daisies, have rappers make songs about playing hopscotch and then rap will be better off. As long as poverty & street violence remain in the black community, then that's what rappers will continue to talk about. Anyone who can make it out of the ghetto and be a successful rap star, businessman, doctor, etc. gets much love from me. I do agree with you on one count, we have to show youngsters that criminality & violence is nothing to glorify

Three 6 is simply telling it like it is. They grew up in the worst part of Memphis (North Memphis) and their music is simply a reflection of what goes down in inner-city Memphis. One thing I do like is how 3-6 Mafia consistently reps Memphis in their music.

Man, hasn't this thread died, yet ? I've heard the same line now for the better part of 18 years since Rap went to the dark side. No realization that that side of Rap helps perpetuate the conditions by glorifying the criminal lifestyle. No one says that if that garbage was ended tomorrow all the conditions would improve, but it surely would be a start. Far too many people in power and in the culture don't want to do anything to change the conditions, as it stands now, because it will effect THEIR bottom line. That's the biggest crime in all of this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived