Names?

dimebag1980

Listen, can a brotha (I'm white, but whatever) get some names up in here? I see you guys calling one another by your first names in many cases, but being the new guy and all I don't know 'em all yet. Since I feel like I'll be around here for a long time to come, tell me your first names, people!! And your metro would be good as well.

I'll start... I'm Brian and I live in suburban east Bossier, near Webster, Shreveport/Bossier metro.

My name is Richard, I go by Richy.

I live a couple hundred yards from the Baton Rouge city limits in the Millerville/I-12 area. It is in the eastern side of EBR Parish. I have lived in this area all of my life . This area is booming as well ! In May or June Millerville Road will be five-laned ; Super Target opened back in Oct. and Lowe's and Best Buy will be here soon. 312-condo units were just approved across the Interstate,and the golf course was just sold , and that will soon be filled -up.

It's great to meet fellow "brotha's" that love our State; and proud to be from Louisiana too , no matter what the "haters" try to say !

Edited by richyb83

DC is lots of fun. I live right downtown in Dupont Circle, so it's like being right in the middle of everything. Lots of good restaurants and great museums nearby too. It's taking years to throw off the burden of mismanagement of yeras of Marion Barry, but the crusts of bureaucracy are finally beginning to fall away. This city is on the move again, though the housing boom may come to a screeching halt. Everyone is waiting on tiptoes to see what will happen. Most likely, it will just keep going like a freight train. The pace of development is remarkable.

My first name is Lloyd, after my dad and his dad, but for my entire life I've gone by Mike never Lloyd, which is one of my middle names. My mom has always called me Mike too. I'm seriously thinking of having it changed to Mike legally. When ever anyone calls me Lloyd, usually someone that doesn't know me like a receptionist reading an official document and calling me, I always get really uncomfortable. I never go by it and when I'm addressed by it it's like I have to respond to a name that isn't mine.

I live in Slidell. I was born in Metairie and used to live there and in Kenner. On East Loyola Dr in Kenner and on Vegas Dr in Metairie near Green Park elementary school and Delta park.

• 4 weeks later...

Geez, all in all I'm still a friggin n00b. Doesn't feel at all like I've been here only 1 month.

Haha, yea I know what you mean. I've been here for about 9 1/2 months, and it feel's like its been alot longer than that! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

It's nice to meet you, Derrick!

You hear alot about the Magnolia Projects, Uptown, and the 13th Ward just listening to New Olreans rappers, especially Juvenile. I'm a pretty big rap fan, especially rappers coming out of New Orleans.

My name is Derrick. I'm representin' Uptown New Orleans, 13th Ward; Martin Luther King Blvd. @ Valence St., go one block further to Valence & Magnolia, and not too far from that intersection, you'll see portions of the Magnolia Projects.

It's great to meet you, Derrick! Being mostly unfamiliar with areas of New Orleans outside of the downtown area and the suburbs, how did the 13th Ward weather the big storm?

13th Ward saw very little, if any damage from Katrina. The ward is one of the furthest from the river. Parts of MLK over by the Magnolia, Melph and Calliope housing projects got hit the worst.

I'm very glad to hear your area wasn't really hurt. I'm assuming you had to partake in the mass exodus anyway?

You hear alot about the Magnolia Projects, Uptown, and the 13th Ward just listening to New Olreans rappers, especially Juvenile. I'm a pretty big rap fan, especially rappers coming out of New Orleans.

The thing is, Juvenile was one of the most outspoken rappers concerning the Hurricane Katrina situation. He didn't cut no corners, just told it straight up. Basically he was saying how Ray Nagin had several school buses that could have shipped evacuees out of the city during the storm and didn't use that, and you can't blame. New Orleans rappers have done MORE for hurricane victims than local gov't. They have given money to hurricane victims, bought homes for evacuees returning, etc. New Orleans based rapper Master P even did a Hurricane Katrina relief album with the 504 Boyz. Because many of them live in the suburbs, they lost their homes so that was one of the main reasons for them helping out so vigorously.

The thing is, Juvenile was one of the most outspoken rappers concerning the Hurricane Katrina situation. He didn't cut no corners, just told it straight up. Basically he was saying how Ray Nagin had several school buses that could have shipped evacuees out of the city during the storm and didn't use that, and you can't blame. New Orleans rappers have done MORE for hurricane victims than local gov't. They have given money to hurricane victims, bought homes for evacuees returning, etc. New Orleans based rapper Master P even did a Hurricane Katrina relief album with the 504 Boyz. Because many of them live in the suburbs, they lost their homes so that was one of the main reasons for them helping out so vigorously.

I've noticed that as well. Especially after watching the video for "Get Ya Hustle On"

I know Master P and Juvenile, and Baby "Birdman" Williams all lost their suburban homes, and are all doing alot in Katrina relief.

Richard here. I post more in the Memphis forum since I grew up there, but I moved to Baton Rouge in '04. I love New Orleans!

New Orleans rappers represent pretty well. I like lil wayne the best though.

Richard here. I post more in the Memphis forum since I grew up there, but I moved to Baton Rouge in '04. I love New Orleans!

It's nice to meet you, and have you on the forum, Richard! :D

New Orleans rappers represent pretty well. I like lil wayne the best though.

Same here, Lil Wayne is my favorite New Orleans rapper. I really like his slow, agressive style of rapping. I see his rap career getting bigger and bigger. He's only 23 and he's already being compared to legendary rappers like Jay-Z and the Notorious B.I.G.