Names?

dimebag1980

Hello all! I'm Chris, I currently live in Charlotte, but lived in Ruston for 5 years in the early 1990s. My sister currently lives along St. Charles in NOLA's Garden District, so I do visit relatively frequently for a Carolinian.

I also attended the University of Alabama, and I am not looking forward to the beat down LSU is going to put on the Tide Saturday :cry:

Nice to have you here in the La. Forum Chris> rolltide!

LSU knows it better play it's "A" game vs. the Tide. On any given week any SEC Team can knock you off. Bama's gonna give LSU it's best shot. + they are probably mad about losing to Miss. State.

Alabama should have beat Arkansas but yall's starting kicker was out(hurt); and the back-up missed some easy ones. Really Arkansas is also lucky to beat Vandy 21-19...enough of that football talk :thumbsup: . This is the welcome thread, my bad

Edited by richyb83

• 1 month later...

Good to meet you, Jax!

And Chris, it's good to know your name as well. You've been around here for a little while now and I've gotten used to seeing you here. I've been wondering for a while, though, which area is "eastover New Orleans?" Once I get out of the downtown area, as far as the city goes, I'm lost so you have to forgive me. :)

Good to meet you, Jax!

And Chris, it's good to know your name as well. You've been around here for a little while now and I've gotten used to seeing you here. I've been wondering for a while, though, which area is "eastover New Orleans?" Once I get out of the downtown area, as far as the city goes, I'm lost so you have to forgive me. :)

it's a community in eastern neworleans

That's something else I didn't know. I didn't realize the city limits covered all of Orleans Parish.

Yea, essentially Orleans Parish is New Orleans, as the city and the Parish merged some time ago, and the two operate as a merged city-parish government.

BTW Brian, if you're familiar with the area where Six Flags New Orleans is located, the neighborhood surrounding it is Eastover. At least that's how I've always known it.

Yea, essentially Orleans Parish is New Orleans, as the city and the Parish merged some time ago, and the two operate as a merged city-parish government.

BTW Brian, if you're familiar with the area where Six Flags New Orleans is located, the neighborhood surrounding it is Eastover. At least that's how I've always known it.

I'm not exactly familiar with the area where Six Flags is, but I know OF the area. That explains it better.

The neighborhood surrounding it is east neworleans . Eastover is a gated community, the whole area of New Orlaens east isn't eastover. For instance west bank has english turn , the east had eastover.

Edited by eastover neworleans

The neighborhood surrounding it is east neworleans . Eastover is a gated community, the whole area of New Orlaens east isn't eastover. For instance west bank has english turn , the east had eastover.

Oh I know, but isn't Eastover somewhat next to Six Flags? Around Lake Forest Boulevard and Paris Road?

• 2 weeks later...

I know i should have done this months ago but i guess better late than never is ok.

My name is Patrick and i am from the Southern Hills area of Shreveport.

I have been on Urbanplanet for a few months now and it is refreshing to have a forum here where people can discuss topics in a civil manner.

Anyone with questions about my neighborhood can feel free to ask anytime.

I will respond to you next time i am online.

Later,

Mudbugger

I know i should have done this months ago but i guess better late than never is ok.

My name is Patrick and i am from the Southern Hills area of Shreveport.

I have been on Urbanplanet for a few months now and it is refreshing to have a forum here where people can discuss topics in a civil manner.

Anyone with questions about my neighborhood can feel free to ask anytime.

I will respond to you next time i am online.

Later,

Mudbugger

Welcome to UP Patrick, good to have you here.