Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mthq

Anchorage, Alaska: Winter 2006

mthq    0

Good to be back everyone! Hope ya enjoy!

hehe I know you were expecting these pics to make their way to urbanplanet at some point, Urbanguy :P

btw my apoligies for the quality.. snowflakes.. what can ya do??

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Cook Inlet off in the background

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

sun blip!

9.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

Mt. Susitna / Sleeping Lady

14.jpg

16.jpg

16a.jpg

Midtown skyline in the back, South Addition neighborhood in the fore

18.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

well.. night.

28.jpg

Skyliner    37

Wow, looks very cold! Thank you for posting these, mthq! :D Looks like people actually know how to live in such cold and snowy conditions up there, unlike down here. ^_^

Wow, looks very cold! Thank you for posting these, mthq! :D Looks like people actually know how to live in such cold and snowy conditions up there, unlike down here. ^_^

I was there last June. Although the weather was in the low 60's, it was about the same as our winters! :shades:

urbanguy    0

^Awesome pics btw are there any like ethnic enclaves or business/cultural districts or something like it there in ANC? if so id love to see some pics too

Like of Alaska Native hoods or restaurants?

Mexican or Dominican Hoods (cause i know they are the fastest growing latino/hispanic communities there)

Filipino

Korean

African American

Russian/Ukrainian/Eastern European

Lao/Thai

etc?

mthq    0

^yep! Thanks to mayor Mark Begich, the McKay is being restored to its original colors, original use, and its original name -- the McKinley Tower Apartments. It's actually developer Mark Marlow who got a push from the mayor with some financial support.

Urbanguy - I'll see what I can do!

thanks for the replies all!

urbanguy    0

^Thanks that would be awesome id love to see some of ANC's neighborhoods like old, new rich or poor etc

BTW are there any new projects proposed for the city and um whats going on with the citys future 2nd tallest?

urbanguy    0

^Hey dont forget to take some pics of neighborhoods when you have a chance im really dying to see some of the neighborhoods and ethnic communities even like the Russian Old Believer type communities too and how about views from a higher vantage point, is there easy access to view from one of the mountain slopes? :D