Flouride Monument

GRDadof3

I found this exchange in the DDA agenda regarding building a new Flouride Monument that was removed when the Marriott construction began:

post-2672-1141651684_thumb.jpg

post-2672-1141651712_thumb.jpg

For those of you who don't know, this was to commemorate Grand Rapids being the first city in the world to flouridate its drinking water, which is done worldwide now.

post-2672-1141651684_thumb.jpg

post-2672-1141651712_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found this exchange in the DDA agenda regarding building a new Flouride Monument that was removed when the Marriott construction began:

The monument's designer spoke out in favor of the design, we have this file photo of him.................

onetooth7ya.jpg

I'd like to see it at Rosa Park's Circle. I say put it right smack-dab in the middle of the skating rink. It would be there so that all the kids who come out to skate can see an example of what a great tooth looks like. A lesson on proper oral hygiene would accompany the scultpure, including the phrase, "Learn while you skate, brush while you drink." or "Forget about brushing, your water will do the same ;)"

You need to have a fountain at the base of the molar. Make it look like a gushing red fountain of dental pain :lol:
Oh man! Thanks for that thought... I get my wisdom teeth pulled soon. I wish I could go downtown and visit this monument for courage before they take 'em out. :P

Oh man! Thanks for that thought... I get my wisdom teeth pulled soon. I wish I could go downtown and visit this monument for courage before they take 'em out. :P

i wish i had taken pics of mine. they were huge, and there were 4 of em... since I was too manly to take the global anesthetic, and too manly to respond to local anesthetic, I had to use what any hard core man would use at the dentist. Jack daniels and a chisel...

now it wasn't easy but them beotch teeth gave a hell of a fight.

Word from the DDA is the flouride sculpture will find a new home, yet to be determined.

That's not what the letter says. It says it will be at the Southwest corner of the hotel (where it was originally), unless things have changed since the letter :dontknow:

Archived