MPLS: Two Twenty Two

Minneapolitan

The project formerly known as Marketplace Tower is now Two Twenty Two.

The project will feature:

-300 luxury condominiums

-a full-sized urban 76,000sf Whole Foods Market, similar in concept to the Whole Foods Market in the Time Warner Center in New York City

-6,500sf of additional retail space

-a centrally located urban park for the use of the residents

-Durrant Group named as project architects

-groundbreaking in spring '07

-http://www.livetwotwentytwo.com

-press release: http://www.millikendevelopments.com/pdf/Tw...ease_3_6_06.pdf

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ditto! That's more than The Nicollet as far as I know...

It's so insane. 300k-400k would be more appropriate. Why do you think the market is slowing? People are going to stop paying those prices for 1000 sft. Luckily I like my condo. as I believe I will be here for a while given the inabiity of my neighbors to sell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cool beans. I'm glad they scaled back to one tower, and with the Whole Foods connected, I hope this project won't be one of the impending casualties the media is buzzing about lately. I wonder if any people who are waiting for the Nicollet will pull out and go for this place. Great views on all sides and so close to the river and green spaces.

All systems go!

That's the word from a resent article in the DT Journal anyway. Looks like Minneapolitan is right about them not having to worry about pre sales. While the Pillsbury and Sexton sites are still in need of approval by the City Council, Two Twenty-Two is seemingly on the fast-track for next spring. :thumbsup:

Archived