Sour grapes

mjcatl2

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/...tml?t=printable

First, they obviously don't know where Fayette Cty is, despite in one sentence stating its proximity to Pittsburgh and they call Rendell a Republican. This is a very unprofessional, childish and factually inaccurate piece of....

Either way, its going to be a tough sell to engineers with their entire lives before them. Once you've checked out Waldo the white tiger at the zoo, caught Bob Newhart at the local theater, and toured a few Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, you are pretty much left with trips to the local golf resort and state park.

:unsure:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/...tml?t=printable

First, they obviously don't know where Fayette Cty is, despite in one sentence stating its proximity to Pittsburgh and they call Rendell a Republican. This is a very unprofessional, childish and factually inaccurate piece of....

:unsure:

What an idiotic piece of trash. Uniontown is a delightful small city on an upward trajectory... it offers proximity to Pittsburgh (amazing city) and is in a gorgeous natural setting. The Laurel Highlands are great for scenery and recreation... the best whitewater in the east is minutes away... bridal waterfalls, "natural waterslides" (awesomely fun), camping, skiing, renowned golf courses.... all without Uniontown's grasp. This is one of the best regions in PA, in my opinion. I would hardly call "an hours drive from Pittsburgh" remote... it's physical beauty is a blessing... it's part of metro Pittsburgh but has so much natural splendour to offer.

As a lifelong New Englander, ex-Bostonian before I moved to da' burgh 3 years ago, with many ties still to Boston, I think I can speak to this article. Boston is very nervous right now. :unsure:

The real estate market in Boston is falling and they have had a significant decrease in population over the past few years. I wish I had the statistic but percentage wise, I am confident that they are losing more people than Pittsburgh over the same last five year period. You can count my wife and I among those who left. In short, it became ridiculously expensive. The article is more of a fear factor in that Boston is where everything is at and to move inland is be far removed from society. They are trying to reinforce their strengths but their prices are driving a lot of people out. Of my social circle in Boston, they were easily close to 20 of us, only 3 people are left. Tells you something. We moved to places like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Phoenix, Tucson, Chicago, etc.. Notice not another coastal city.

I just learned of an associate who bought a $620,000 house right outside the City, which is pretty much average and he is going to have to take a loss when he sells. His job went away and he is moving inland and e can't get any offer over $550,000. Such is the vibe right now.

Pittsburgh rises slow and steady and Boston rose fast and is flattening out and even declining a bit. I don't think it will ever seriously decline but they have hit a bump and it scares the beejeezus out of them.

Archived